Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ipad Cigarette Usb Adapter

Most 12v usb adapters work fine with 24 volts (make sure of course) but ipads draw a lot of amps so you want to make sure its a higher amperage rated one.

Its surprising how many of them don't even show what input voltages they require. I thought that was a requirement???

I'm using a random one I bought at london drugs but the one treetop posted above looks much better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been using this one for the last year works great from best buy.

Dual head so I can charge iPad and gps reciever at the same time. Never an issue.

Had a garmin and it worked well but not a dual and the ipad doesnt seem to like usb splitters

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/wagan-wagan-companion-go-dual-usb-adapter-with-fuse-protection-el2881-el2881/10301056.aspx?path=cd7593656c4407943fde3707c141b3d2en02

• Like 1