Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Northwall Flight Helmet

I'm looking at the Northwall LMT Medic helmet and am interested on how they fit. My head measures 22 1/2", which is the high limit of the S/M. The L/XL's lower limit is 23". Any recommendations or advise on which would provide the better fit? I'll be wearing NVG's with it and don't want the helmet to fit sloppy but, I also don't want to order too small either.  

On 2/23/2021 at 5:20 PM, GA1_FPC said:

I'm looking at the Northwall LMT Medic helmet and am interested on how they fit. My head measures 22 1/2", which is the high limit of the S/M. The L/XL's lower limit is 23". Any recommendations or advise on which would provide the better fit? I'll be wearing NVG's with it and don't want the helmet to fit sloppy but, I also don't want to order too small either.  

The small LMT medics fit super small, like kid size small.  Awesome helmets but you are in a tough spot with only the two shell options. I would suggest the large but you will have a ton of padding in the shell to take up the extra space.  You really should try one on to be sure.  Where abouts are you located? 

On 2/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, Yarnold said:

The small LMT medics fit super small, like kid size small.  Awesome helmets but you are in a tough spot with only the two shell options. I would suggest the large but you will have a ton of padding in the shell to take up the extra space.  You really should try one on to be sure.  Where abouts are you located? 

Thanks for the information. I contacted Boost HEC Systems and they advised the same thing. I'm in Wisconsin, so not practical to get to Vancouver right now. 

• Like 1