Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Atpl Priviledges

Forgive me for sounding lazy but I have searched the CAR's and am unable to find the reference authorising a holder of an ATPL (H) to issue a type endorsement on any aircraft he is personally endorsed on.

My head hurts and I appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Forgive me for sounding lazy but I have searched the CAR's and am unable to find the reference authorising a holder of an ATPL (H) to issue a type endorsement on any aircraft he is personally endorsed on.

My head hurts and I appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Is this what you're lookin 'fer ta relieve that strain? If I read this correctly the ATP gives the checkride... not sure if they have authority to issue the endorsement?

CAR 421.40(3)(g)(iii) ...link to CAR 421.40(3)(g)(iii)

421.40 Blanket and Individual Type Ratings

Where an applicant has met the applicable requirements for issuance, the following Permits and Licences may be endorsed with the indicated Type Ratings:

...(3) Individual Type Rating Requirements

...(g) Helicopter - One Pilot

Within the 12 months preceding the application for the rating, an applicant for an individual aircraft type rating for a helicopter with a minimum flight crew requirement of one pilot shall have successfully completed:

(i) a flight test, on the helicopter type, for the issue of a Private or Commercial Pilot Licence - Helicopter; or

(ii) a Pilot Proficiency Check on the helicopter type; or

(iii) a qualifying flight under the supervision of a person qualified in accordance with CAR 425.21(7)(b].

CAR 425.21(7)(b] ...link to CAR 425.21(7)(b]

425.21 Qualifications of Flight Instructors

...(7) A person who conducts flight training toward the issuance of an aircraft type rating shall:

...(b] in the case of training a holder of a helicopter pilot permit or pilot licence:

(i) be the holder of a Commercial Pilot Licence or an Airline Transport Pilot Licence; and

(ii) have experience of not less than 10 hours flight time on the type of helicopter used for the training;