Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dew Line Contract

Errr, you missed the point entirely, Marc. If you take a little time to read and understand my initial post again, you'll see that I didn't "whine" at all about my "current employment situation." The point I was trying to make, such "contentment" with ones employment situation is very likely to be eroded by strong arm tactics as those mentioned, as more operators view it as the new standard. Thus, chances of finding a better situation will become ever more difficult.

• Like 1

I really hope HTS are not successful with their bid, for our own sakes! It seems this company is systematically under-mining the foundations by which pilots/engineers earn a living in this industry. I believe their "no minimums" hire policy from last year crossed a line, potentially setting a new standard as to what companies can demand on future projects.

Some might view it as an act of desperation to get HTS machines hired, whatever the cost. Others, a tactic to drive out the competition.

Whatever the case, when their machines are hired on with minimums (fire contracts) and their pilots/engineers only receive pay for actual hours flown, it sends a clear signal as to the level of respect this company has for it staff carrying out the work at the sharp end! If ever there was an industry in need of a Union... The time is upon us.

I have no minimums, but if I divide the amount of hours i've flown by the days i've worked (including wx, mech and travel days), i'm "averaging" 4/day. Is that bad? 500hrs since March.

• Like 2

So at 400 a day on a 30/30 schedule your on route to rake in 72g??? After flying 500 hrs if that's good I'm getting out of the industry

Uh no, past that already. :P

My point is that I don't have minimums, but if I did, I would be averaging 4/day, everyday including travel, wx and mech days.

Uh no, past that already. :P

My point is that I don't have minimums, but if I did, I would be averaging 4/day, everyday including travel, wx and mech days.

So Hazy, Speedgeeza said he heard from the "horses mouth", that you don't get flight pay. Are his "facts" correct?

Hybrid,

I replied in regards to his "no minimums" comment. I get flight pay, but I have no minimums. He may not like it, but they are using an old marketing tactic that other companies have used. Although I don't get minimums, I haven't had a terrible year so far. Other times, I've had contract minimums, non-averaging plus overage and in the end it doesn't pay more than flying a bunch of hours.

As for the IFR stuff, who is paying well in Canada? FO and Captain pay rates?