Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dew Line Contract

I wouldn't think an emergency TFW application would "fly" if a company knowingly bids on and accepts a contract they are unable to staff! At least I hope not. Besides, given the economy these days there are plenty of qualified Canadian pilots looking for work.

I don't see anything unreasonable or unfair about the ads posted - terms, conditions and qualifications required. Pay looks to be negotiate what you're worth and what you can get away with - good for Captains anyway. In general it looks quite attractive from where I presently stand and considering where I'm hoping to grow my heli career. The schedule section says equal rotation based on 4 weeks. There is no "requirement" to re-locate, only "priority given" to those willing to relocate. I can't think of any business operating in an expensive industry and trying to survive in a bust economy that wouldn't prefer to avoid crew rotation expenses if they could get away with it.

Of course, if it were discovered after the fact (ATIP request costs $5) that qualified Canadian pilots that were unwilling to re-locate were prioritized to the trash bin and replaced with TFW - that then becomes another matter.

http://canadianhelicopters.com/careers/job-postings/

As one potentially losing the job over this, I can say for relatively sure that 2 of 4 seats in Iqaluit (S-61) are filled already, probably not very hard to fill the last to (+4 Engineer slots as well), the ones taking the captains slots are not living in Iqaluit full time.

As Marc said, Goose Bay is probably a bust as well, that leaves 6 Captain seats and 8 FO seats to fill. Fingers are crossed.

I STRONGLY doubt that the slots will be filled by TFWs, first of all, no time to get an LMO, second of all, qualifications are too set, and third, there is more than likely a wealth of applicants already who meet the criteria.

What is left is to cross ones fingers and hope ones name crosses the right desk, and get the correct check-mark and get the nod for the job.

In the end, the only real change is the color of the equipment, everything else shall remain relatively the same.

It was fun the last 5 years (interspersed with some real cold days, right Marc??) and I hope the next 5 will be as fun! (And that I am involved in them...)

There were some cold ones Winnie! And a lot of good days ended with a few cold ones. Best of luck to all the applicants. It will be interesting to see where CHL managed to find savings. The 61 is a four crew machine year wround where as the 214ST had two guys in the summer.

There were some cold ones Winnie! And a lot of good days ended with a few cold ones. Best of luck to all the applicants. It will be interesting to see where CHL managed to find savings. The 61 is a four crew machine year wround where as the 214ST had two guys in the summer.

Yup and when a couple of locals go missing in the winter it isn't the ST coming to get them. Some things are worth more than money but you guys wouldn't get where I'm coming from.

Yup and when a couple of locals go missing in the winter it isn't the ST coming to get them. Some things are worth more than money but you guys wouldn't get where I'm coming from.

I do not know if you are referencing a specific event, but I recall going on numerous SAR missions in the ST with local search teams in all seasons. Anyways, I no longer work on the line and have been happily employed somewhere else a little closer to home. I don't have a horse in the race at all.

• Like 1