Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Blue Link Device

R0T0R

I use one regularly mostly for music and the odd call but most times theres no cell service where I'm flying. Mine has a issue with the auto mute, it loses the bluetooth connection if theres a lot of intercom/radio traffic. I sent it back and they couldn't duplicate the issue and sent it back to me after they fiddled with it a bit and say they haven't heard of the issue before. I still use it in the normal mode as it will still cut the volume a little anyway if the radio or intercom cuts in and I also don't have it very loud anyway so i can still hear everything going on anyways. The phone side works great people on the other end can't hear any noise and most times don't know I'm in the machine. Its a bit pricy in my opinion but it works. Also if its plugged in and not on or the batteries go dead it has no impact on the feed from the machine so no worries of missing something or having to unplug it.

I've used one now for about 4 years and wouldn't go without anymore... I had a issue this year with the Blue Tooth picking up my mike on a phone call... but got that resolved... One of the biggest +'s is that the unit squelch's out a lot of background noise like Inverters and pulse lights... It works great and has actually got me some extra hrs due to the fact the customer could call me direct.. It would pay the companies to supply a few I think.

I had one, got it at http://www.meritapparel.com with my MSA Gallet helmet. It worked well for phone calls, but I found it distorted music badly. It also played music in Mono as the helmet earphones are wired in parallel.

I sent it in for repair to the manufacturer, they replaced it under warranty, but the new unit also distorted the music.

I ended up selling it and instead installed in my helmet Lightspeed Zulu headset, which gives exceptional ANR performance and music streaming in excellent quality and in stereo.