Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac - There Goes A Couple Of Days Income.

Who do I have to marry to get the 'companion rate'? It's taken me 20 mins to work out which section I am in but it looks like $675 buys me 3 days?

I understand economy of scale but HAI is only $280 USD for 3 days. HAC seems to be $325 CND for one day.

HAC Operator Employee #1, #2 & # 3 HAC Associates, Customers & Individual Supporters CAN CAN $525 each CAN $575 each

*Operators Only Employee #4 and more CAN $300 each Non Member CAN $675 each Day Registration - HAC Member Companies Only Indicate Day Attending Friday Saturday Sunday CAN $325 each

**Companion Registration (must accompany HAC Operator, Associate, Customer or Individual) CAN $300 each

***Student Registration CAN $250 each 2015-2016 HAC dues must be paid in full to receive member rate. * 4 and more discounted rate applies to HAC Operator Company Employees ONLY – This rate is not valid for guests, customers or participants from other companies

** Companion is someone not employed with your company or affiliated with any other HAC members. (Must accompany HAC Operator, Associate, Customer or Individual)

***Students age 16 and older are eligible to register at the student rate. Proper identification is required. The following are accepted forms of identification: School ID card, Letter on school letterhead signed by the student’s advisor or an instructor, Receipt for tuition.

• Like 1

Are you a owner? If not why would you even want to go? HAC is the most boring thing you can do with your clothes on or off. Unless you are into listening to guys talk about how great they are and how certain engine companies have the latest and greatest until you need their support. I just don't get the BS of it all myself!

• Like 1

I'm sorry to say that the hac is just not relevant anymore. We are transitioning more and more to a global industry and the opportunities inside our borders are becoming more scarce. The hac had a chance to improve our industry but they didn't. The annual convention has always been a members deal but at the prices they demand, it's far from worth it.

Now if they opened it up to a broader audience they might be able to save their organization and actually do some good.

I haven't bothered to look at their website in a while so i thought I'd take a look today. Still the same, literally.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how you can say that HAC isn't relevant. They are well respected by other aviation association and are active in dealing with Transport Canada issues. In addition to having operator members that operate 80% of the Canadian helicopter fleet there are another 130+ Associate members from the industry as a whole.

To put this in perspective. My brother-in-law is a Professor Emeritus from a business college at a large Canadian university. He has been involved with a number of Canadian professional and industry associations. I asked him if he knew of any trade or industry organisations in Canada that in addition to their primary members, encouraged membership & participation from their insurers, manufacturers, service suppliers, customers, and federal regulators. He responded that he knew of none. I described the HAC membership and the attendance at a typical HAC annual conference. He commented that this is the goal of many similar organisations but that he had never seen one that had been able to accomplish it to the degree HAC has done.

Irrelevant? I think the facts speak otherwise.

• Like 1

Well said Icewind. Anyone that thinks the HAC isn't relevant must have fond memories of the industry before 1995 when there was no such thing as Best Practices or Industry recognized and defined competencies as well as a host of other things that are now considered 'normal' in the Canadian helicopter industry.

Well said Icewind. Anyone that thinks the HAC isn't relevant must have fond memories of the industry before 1995 when there was no such thing as Best Practices or Industry recognized and defined competencies as well as a host of other things that are now considered 'normal' in the Canadian helicopter industry.

Like the letter of HAC's Prez lobbying the Gov that we are are in desperate need for outside labour? You are right that has become the norm.

I'm not sure how you can say that HAC isn't relevant. They are well respected by other aviation association and are active in dealing with Transport Canada issues. In addition to having operator members that operate 80% of the Canadian helicopter fleet there are another 130+ Associate members from the industry as a whole.

They have consulted on some issues but the degraded state of our industry would prove their efforts have done little lately. 80% of the fleet? What about the percentage of operators? How about TFW's? How about the absolute abysmal rates demanded? How about consistency?

Organizations become members as a show, so they can put that little sticker on the door and maybe attract more business. It no longer betters the industry, just the bottom line for some.

The HAC could and should do better, that's all I'm saying.