Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I'll Just Leave This Here : The Way You Get Paid Is Changing

There is no doubt that things are slow out there. But it has been a good summer for most companies and I foresee many good fire seasons to follow. Every down turn there are "pay reviews" where per diems are chopped ,away from base are taken away, flight pay is reduced,etc. All this happened in 08 and 09. Did those numbers get corrected while the mining industry was booming afterwards? NO! We have to stick with our guns guys and stand up for ourselves. Time for those at the very top to have their wages and performance reviewed.If this new stuff comes in to effect it will last thought the good years too.Good luck renegotiating a decent salary afterwards if this numbers become the norm.

Stick to your guns? Most pilots will cut each others throats to get one more hour then their coworkers. You guys would do it for free if thats what was available. Otherwise you would have no pilot stories to tell. I know this will piss off the pilots but I have watched and listened to this same arguement for 30 odd years now and the simple fact is, get out if you don't like it. that is the only true solution that will succeed. Some may call my view pesimistic but I prefer the term realist. Comments?

• Like 1

Yeah I've got a comment. The only thing I agree with in your post Old, is if you don't like it then make a change. As far as the rest of your post, GFY.

Thats it? The best you could come up with after stewing for two days?

I rest my case.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

He can and has, watched it from the left seat with my own two eyes!! He don't do that funny grip on the cyclic when he's in the 407 :P

I had to do it again last week ........ it's very confusing to have to hold the cyclic normally!

I love my job and I love my pay ...... don't even give a rats a$$ as to what anyone else gets paid. I don't even care what I get paid ....... it's just waaaaay too much fun working for someone who appreciates you.

• Like 1

I had to do it again last week ........ it's very confusing to have to hold the cyclic normally!

I love my job and I love my pay ...... don't even give a rats a$$ as to what anyone else gets paid. I don't even care what I get paid ....... it's just waaaaay too much fun working for someone who appreciates you.

I agree. People like us always manage to keep working and more importantly enjoy the work and the people we work with. Let the others wine. there seems to be no shortage of them.

Alpha Dog - forget it. You might as well go and beat your head against a wall as trying to do anything in the industry when you have the likes of Helicopter Jim and Old who could give a rats *** about anything but themselves or 212 wrench with the childish "go do something else" comment.

I am at the point where I think the only way to change the industry is to have a mandatory retirement age of say 50 so it can get rid of the old farts that think the industry has progressed fantastically because they no longer have to share a room with the engineer, or spend the entire summer - May to September - in a tent with no time off. By the way, I am one of those old farts, but one that thinks there is more to life than a cyclic and collective.

As for the suggestion of HR in the industry partially funded by HAC - you do realize that HAC is a major part of the problem, and are interested in their members (just like a union, Rotor, but a different name)and that does not include anything to further aircrew interests.