Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

My buddy just got laid off from a big canadian company along with dozens of others so it looks like the turnaround hasn't arrived yet. Between them and a couple other companys I have friends at it look like about a hundred pilots and engineers won't be working this christmas. I think its finally time to do that ifr rating and go somewhere else.

Does anyone know if there is governmet aid or what not for ifr training? Student loan maybe?

Thanx

Guest JetboxJockey

No grants or student loans. Did my IFR last spring and with oil prices the way they are. The demand for IFR co-jo's is pretty much nil.

My walking papers are on the way next month. Would gladly go fly in the sandbox if the opportunity presented itself and it's not from a lack of trying.

Cheer up lads, this will be my third round of recessions in the industry and one must persevere. There is a worldwide slowdown but that doesn't mean that there aren't any jobs, you just have to compete for them. 2 years tops to go before we see a rebound. If this is your first recession, I hope you have learned to save for a rainy day so the next one will be softer.

• Like 1