Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

10000 What

Another major player announced a bunch of lay offs today. 20+ pilots, 20+ engineers and bunch of office staff. This industry is broken and no-one seems to want to fix it!! Is this the new normal? Are we all going to be seasonal employees soon. This is the 2nd year in a row for layoffs with this company. I'm looking for the exit!!

At least they waited till after the holidays

I think that's a good thing to. I have at least 5 friends from 3 companies that got layed off in December. I think its better to let people enjoy the family time first but I guess that means a whole month of wages first. At least 2 companies trimmed their bush today and I bet theres more to come.

HH

Another major player announced a bunch of lay offs today. 20+ pilots, 20+ engineers and bunch of office staff. This industry is broken and no-one seems to want to fix it!! Is this the new normal? Are we all going to be seasonal employees soon. This is the 2nd year in a row for layoffs with this company. I'm looking for the exit!!

I'm guessing you can't comment on who?

I hadn't heard anything

Guest JetboxJockey

I know I had to sight an NDA when I came on board with my previous employer.

5 of us were let go in December on the pilot side. Not sure about the engineering side. Though in all fairness to them, I was told back in September that there was a high probability of it happening. Still sucks no matter how you slice it.

So is the layoff fact our fiction. If its true not sure why it cannot be said what company.