Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

10000 What

WOW can't believe DA is laying off pilots and AME's after i witnessed the top brass raising **** an an Air Canada Jazz flight and wanting off the plane in Fort McMurray. This was due to the weather not good in Yellowknife so they deviated us to Ft Mac for fuel and decide what they were going to do. Needless to say we went back to Calgary. Not until the 3 pompous ***'s from DA stood in front of the air[lane for 20 minutes so no one could go to the bathroom. They wanted off so they could charter an airplane to get to the DA Christmas party that night.

Typical top Brass crap its important to hire a plane to get you to the company Christmas party.

WOW can't believe DA is laying off pilots and AME's after i witnessed the top brass raising **** an an Air Canada Jazz flight and wanting off the plane in Fort McMurray. This was due to the weather not good in Yellowknife so they deviated us to Ft Mac for fuel and decide what they were going to do. Needless to say we went back to Calgary. Not until the 3 pompous ***'s from DA stood in front of the air[lane for 20 minutes so no one could go to the bathroom. They wanted off so they could charter an airplane to get to the DA Christmas party that night.

Typical top Brass crap its important to hire a plane to get you to the company Christmas party.

Don't they have there own planes? I don't work there but if I was going to a christmas party and was expected and probably had to make a speech I'd **** well get there! You sound pretty bitter just looking so I am guessing you used to work there or how would you know what these guys looked like? What's the story on your bitterness?

Don't they have there own planes? I don't work there but if I was going to a christmas party and was expected and probably had to make a speech I'd **** well get there! You sound pretty bitter just looking so I am guessing you used to work there or how would you know what these guys looked like? What's the story on your bitterness?

Its always the same response. Must have worked there to be so bitter. Our got fired our wasn't hired. Never have never applied don't want to work there. My bitterness started when the GNWT gave them a 34 million dollar loan with next to zero interest. Then closed that option of giving anyone else in the NWT a dime. Just a little unfair.

Yes they have their own planes. Everyone eon the plane learned who they work. If you read my post they stood at the front for almost 20 minutes making it difficult for anyone to get to the bathroom. Which only delayed the flight that much longer after they got their *** off. They could have continued to sit their *** in their isle seats in row's 1,3 and 6. They made a show when boarding when the CEO was standing at the front of the line while waving for the CFO to come over and bud to the front. While he was sitting across the waiting room. The fact that the flight attendants spent a better part of their time before we left Ft Mac explaining to concerned passengers, there is nothing wrong with the plane they wanted off to go to a Christmas party meant the whole plane learn who they were. Not just me. They mentioned charter maybe they had one of their planes came to ft mac. I don't know for sure as i was on a plane back to Calgary.

Theres no work anywhere. Companies are going to cut cost where ever they can its as simple as that. The industry is dead and there going to underbid, undercut and what ever else they can do to try and stir up what ever they can to pay the bank and maybe a few employees. Nothing new here just a little deader and lasting a little longer that normal. Can ***** and complain all we want but the fact is theres F All work on the go so ya definitely not going to "fix the industry" any time soon. Those that are working count your self lucky even if it is for peanuts ya got to feed the family its as simple as that and like the companies your working for ya got to do what ya got to do. Its all about survival at this stage till the industry and Country for that mater start to take the swing upward again.