Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Germany To Test Pilots For Drugs

I don't mind this, in many jobs these days there is a requirement to stay "clean" and in my personal opinion so should the aviation industry.

The same obviously goes for Alcohol, now I like my beer and rum as much as the next guy, but generally we should all be able to stay dry for the month or 42 day tour, and IF we need that beer with our meal, have 1 or 2 not 10 or 12...

Now I know LOTS of guys will throw their arms in the air and say words like "Constitutional Rights", and "Better for you than alcohol" etc, well good for you, go ahead and smoke or whatever you do, but keep it away from work...

• Like 2

I don't mind this, in many jobs these days there is a requirement to stay "clean" and in my personal opinion so should the aviation industry.

The same obviously goes for Alcohol, now I like my beer and rum as much as the next guy, but generally we should all be able to stay dry for the month or 42 day tour, and IF we need that beer with our meal, have 1 or 2 not 10 or 12...

Now I know LOTS of guys will throw their arms in the air and say words like "Constitutional Rights", and "Better for you than alcohol" etc, well good for you, go ahead and smoke or whatever you do, but keep it away from work...

. I agree so much .. It has direct result over fatigue, stress, procedure, patience an so much more.. I recall being in **** with an enginer once upon a time !

Guest JetboxJockey

If drug and alcohol testing became mandatory that would mean that the Canadian aviation industry is only 20 years behind everyone else, soooo I can't see it happening for another 10 years :)

I hate to break it to you but it's already here. Mandatory for most oil and gas work. The rest aren't far behind.