Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Heli Skiing

Nice looking machine, who's machine is it?

Just curious looking at the basket, you can't open the right door at all, does that mean it has to have a push out window in an emergency. I know nothing will beat a ski boot anyways, Just curiuos, Beautiful machine. I have one for the winter myself right now and love it.

The machine belongs to Prairie Helicopters out of Gimili Manitoba and leased to Wildcat Helicopters out of Kelowna. I am not a fan of the basket but Ralph Sliger designed it. I like the lower ones like Alpine has. It does have the push out window. I hope that this gives you more info.

Nice looking machine, who's machine is it?

Just curious looking at the basket, you can't open the right door at all, does that mean it has to have a push out window in an emergency. I know nothing will beat a ski boot anyways, Just curiuos, Beautiful machine. I have one for the winter myself right now and love it.

i don't have push-out windows, but twice now planters have made a PUSH-IN window by closing the rear door using the the window :down:

they did pay us the 2,000.00 per incident :up:

407 does have a large window, and like everybody else here, pre-flight breifing goes away as soon as they approach the helicopter :stupid:

Hey 204B Driver,

A very nice looking ride! Must be like a real sports car compared to your last ride.

Would you be the gentleman flying Delta's 204 on the Smith Creek fire N.W. of Golden in 2003? If so, I can remember a lot of laughs from the various conversations going on in the bucketing circuit.

Cheers!

NG

Mark C-FAUQ Serial No 53359

Common Name Bell Model 407

Base Of Op. - Country CANADA

Base Of Op. - Province Manitoba

Base Of Op. - Location Gimli

File Location Winnipeg Basis for Eligibility for Registration Type Certificate - H92

Type of Registration Commercial

Category Helicopter Weight (Kgs) 2381.36

Manufacturer Bell Helicopter Textron A Division Of Textron Canada Ltd

Year of Manufacture 1999 Year Imported 2004

Country of Manufacture CANADA

Owner Registration

Owner Registered Since 2004-09-22 Last Certificate of Registration Issued 2004-09-22

Engine Turbo Shaft Number of Engines 1

Owner Information

Name ( 1 of 1 ) Prairie Helicopters Inc. Mail Recipient Yes

Address Box 153

City Gimli Province Manitoba

Postal Code R0C 1B0 Region Prairie and Northern