Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wollaston Lake Lodge

A few of us are planning a fishing trip to Wollaston Lake in July. I was just checking out the route, thinking Calgary, Lloydminister, La Ronge (or Buffalo Narrows), then Wollaston. I don't see anyone with Jet Fuel at Wollaston, so just looking for some feedback on my options. La-Ronge to Wollaston is about 200 nm, so returning to LaRonge on one tank isn't an option (walking back isn't either lol) especially if I drag along my basket. Any preferences on LaRonge vs Buffalo Narrows? ****, I'll appreciate any feedback on the whole route. I'm sure there are many of you that have spent some time in the area. Thanks in advance, Matt

I may have answered one of my own questions in that I just discovered Points North Landing (30 miles away) shows that it has jet fuel.

They also may be able to accommodate you with a hangar, just in case. They usually have some drummed fuel, as well as mobile bowser service. Lots of sched service there and the fixed wing guys don't always care to broadcast their departures and arrivals, so be aware of that. Helicopter area is on the gravel, not on the main ramp.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just an update, and a thanks for all the information given. We took off for Wollaston July 2nd, a 5 hour flight from home. Fuel stops in Lloydminister and LaRonge on the way there, parked right at the lodge. Great place, awesome food and service. New cabin that easily handled the 4 of us. Spotless! One in our group caught a 45" Pike, and everything below that. Some 5-8 lb Lake Trout, Walleye's and a fly out in the Turbo Otter to catch Grayling even. Shore lunches every day courtesy of our guides. An awesome experience! Topped up in Points North, then yesterday (July 7th) we headed home via Buffalo Narrows, tried to get to Cold Lake but the fog got too thick, so we diverted to Lloyminister again. Home by noon. A great time had by all.

Next year we talked about going to Dalton Trail Lodge in the Yukon. If any of you have any experiences there, I'm listening.

• Like 1

Just an update, and a thanks for all the information given. We took off for Wollaston July 2nd, a 5 hour flight from home. Fuel stops in Lloydminister and LaRonge on the way there, parked right at the lodge. Great place, awesome food and service. New cabin that easily handled the 4 of us. Spotless! One in our group caught a 45" Pike, and everything below that. Some 5-8 lb Lake Trout, Walleye's and a fly out in the Turbo Otter to catch Grayling even. Shore lunches every day courtesy of our guides. An awesome experience! Topped up in Points North, then yesterday (July 7th) we headed home via Buffalo Narrows, tried to get to Cold Lake but the fog got too thick, so we diverted to Lloyminister again. Home by noon. A great time had by all.

Next year we talked about going to Dalton Trail Lodge in the Yukon. If any of you have any experiences there, I'm listening.