Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What Happened To Heli-Inter Thread?

Guest JetboxJockey

Hi All,

I have not been forced to speak Quebecois yet so I guess we have not been purchased......and I think I would know.

Fly Safe..

Yes that is a very good point, I would expect that you would be one of the first to know.

Yes that is a very good point, I would expect that you would be one of the first to know.

One would hope! But I can attest (from personal experience) that oftentimes there are only one or two people (the ones with the $$$ in the outfit) who know what's going on and are involved with "the deal". Then one day everyone is gathered together in the office and the news breaks... And all the rumours that have been denied turn out to be true.. and life either gets better or worse but nothing will ever be the same...

Best wishes that regardless of rumour the situation swings to the "better" for all involved! Which is not to say that anything is wrong with any particular outfit at this moment, just sharing my own personal experience and sincerely hoping nobody suffers.

HV

• Like 2

One would hope! But I can attest (from personal experience) that oftentimes there are only one or two people (the ones with the $$$ in the outfit) who know what's going on and are involved with "the deal". Then one day everyone is gathered together in the office and the news breaks... And all the rumours that have been denied turn out to be true.. and life either gets better or worse but nothing will ever be the same...

Best wishes that regardless of rumour the situation swings to the "better" for all involved! Which is not to say that anything is wrong with any particular outfit at this moment, just sharing my own personal experience and sincerely hoping nobody suffers.

HV

HV, a great post. From the other side (my business isn't aviation oriented), but how often have you mulled in the coffee room with disgruntled employees who in a heart beat would have jumped the fence at any given chance. Do you think they would have discussed this with their employer? Don't get me wrong, I think you had a great post, but it's not only employees that get burnt, sometime it is the guys with the $$$ (whether they have the $$ or not) that get stung........trust me! I still like to believe in mankind, but that has sometimes stung me as well. Some wise man once told me "it is easier to sign the back of the cheque than it is the front". Cheers.

• Like 1

HV, a great post. From the other side (my business isn't aviation oriented), but how often have you mulled in the coffee room with disgruntled employees who in a heart beat would have jumped the fence at any given chance. Do you think they would have discussed this with their employer? Don't get me wrong, I think you had a great post, but it's not only employees that get burnt, sometime it is the guys with the $$$ (whether they have the $$ or not) that get stung........trust me! I still like to believe in mankind, but that has sometimes stung me as well. Some wise man once told me "it is easier to sign the back of the cheque than it is the front". Cheers.

That's a great point but but I've also been at companies where the boss cuts back benefits and wages and jumps in his personal 407 to woo his friends not thinking twice why he has said 407. Team work is lost on the wealthy now days. You're like spoiled children that are owed something. In your defense so are some of the new pilots getting into this trade.

That's a great point but but I've also been at companies where the boss cuts back benefits and wages and jumps in his personal 407 to woo his friends not thinking twice why he has said 407. Team work is lost on the wealthy now days. You're like spoiled children that are owed something. In your defense so are some of the new pilots getting into this trade.

Point well taken! I've considered wage roll backs, still not sure. It is still a very debatable scene in our industry (the Calgary Construction Industry). I haven't flown the 407 to the office pad in a while for reasons you have stated. But......when things were great a few years back, me taking clients for a spin and getting all their work, I wasn't the villain then. My employees were naming their wages to me (the tail was wagging the dog). I just wanted to add, there are two sides to the story. I'm not here picking sides. I've been on both. Right now, the "dog is wagging the tail" but I haven't abused my privilege. I just didn't like the start of this thread with the "mean" owners selling out. PS: I have talked to many new potential pilots and have conveyed my experience with the 'aviation' industry. I don't candy coat anything. I have told my own kids, get an education. If you want to be a pilot, make sure you are doing it for the right reasons, whether it be for employment or for recreation.

• Like 1

I forgot to add, I got my aviation education on a combination of loans and Grants (Canadore College). I was one of the lucky ones, I grew up on welfare..........the "middle class" probably got nothing, the 'upper class' didn't need the help. It's not always fair. There is a future for all of us. Life deals you lemons, you make lemonade! I find this forum here the most realistic out of all the forums I follow. People asking honest questions getting honest answers. M