Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Members Fields?

What's you occupation?  

347 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough crowd out there. Might have to stay under the radar. ;)

Pffffffftt! Ya disappoint me already. :) Think grizzlies on the outside, marshmallows on the inside. Or over-inflated hot-air balloons; they come down eventually. :D It's okay to be a blip on the radar! :P

TQN to Brother:

I guess what I mean is there are people that look up when I helicopter or airplane fly over (mostly kids) and then there are people that don't even notice. Kids are dreamers and I think it is cool if we, as in adults, can maintain that because as you said...LIFE IS JUST TO **** SHORT!!!

Physically, yes I do look up and have for years and years---at both helis, f/w and even hot air balloons. Nothing to do with wanting to be up there or to fly (I get plenty of that as a pax). It's just a curiosity about what keeps them up there and the people who fly them...much the same as what keeps battleships afloat and what keeps subs submerged and the people who operate those. The looking up thing will stop the second I rear-end another vehicle, let me tell ya! :D I'll be banished to ground patrol when that happens. Ha!

• 1 month later...
TQN, you are truly a pistol, although I'm surprised you'd let a little fender-bender direct your eyes from their right and proper observance. Strange attraction, isn't it? I've been flying for 46 years and still have to look up if I hear a turbine's whine or a piston's snarl from somewhere up 'there.' B)

Some years ago I was considering my employment options in non aviation careers. I wanted to be home more with my family. Sitting out on the deck one night I heard a machine go over and did my usual scan of the sky. My wife looked at me and said "when you stop looking up you will be ready to stop flying".

That was my first wife. She still is my first wife.

I'm still looking up.

TQN, you are truly a pistol, although I'm surprised you'd let a little fender-bender direct your eyes from their right and proper observance. Strange attraction, isn't it?

Well, I only say that 'cause I once t-boned a poor guy while driving and looking up at a clock tower :shock: (airhead!). Probably won't ever quit looking at the noisemakers though. :D Might just have a hard time explainin' it, if ya know what I mean. ;) Ha!

Anyhoo, I'm glad you guys brought this thread back up for air. Check all those new-member-field-post-poll thingies! :rolleyes:

So it's a rule; you gotta do it.

FIX 'EM, FLY 'EM OR WHAT ELSE YA GOT GOIN' ON? :)