Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Excel To Gpx Waypoint Conversion Tool

Hello Saifan Pilot, I am having a terrible time trying get this data to convert. I keep getting "Runtime error 13" "Type Mismatch" . I have gone through the data several times and can not fine the error. If you could look over this data and maybe give me some insight on where I am failing? I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me. 

Thanks for taking your time to write this program. I am running this on an Macbook Pro using office 365

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, this spreadsheet sounds like exactly what I'm looking for but the links don't work.

I'm currently plotting waypoints to visit on Viewranger from Excel by hand, it takes ages.

I'm in Northern Ireland and the data comes in the form of an excel spreadsheet, Irish grid letter directly followed by easting and northing in one cell.

If this spreadsheet will help can someone please send it to me?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 11:06 AM, krizkaoz said:

Hey guys, this spreadsheet sounds like exactly what I'm looking for but the links don't work.

I'm currently plotting waypoints to visit on Viewranger from Excel by hand, it takes ages.

I'm in Northern Ireland and the data comes in the form of an excel spreadsheet, Irish grid letter directly followed by easting and northing in one cell.

If this spreadsheet will help can someone please send it to me?

Cheers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yt4dsrxanr2n72i/Excel2GPS v3.00.xlsm?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 3:15 PM, orin said:

Hi,

Just wanted to add my kudos/thanks for your work on this spreadsheet.  I've was looking for a way to convert on my Mac for survey work and found your solution.  Perfect!!  Thanks again.

Orin

Glad you found it useful.

I often got customers who would give me hundreds of waypoints in a spreadsheet and they had no idea how to convert them to a useable GPS file, so I figured I had to come up with something on my own