Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Suits! Best Place To Buy One?

Where did/do y'all get your flight suits from? I live in Vancouver but I spend most of my summer days working in Vernon, so online/mail-order is probably my best option.

Thanks in advance,

Darren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always prefer Gibson Barnes. They custom tailor for a perfect fit, you can customise for various colours and colour schemes and also lots of customization options (pockets etc..).

They also offer Regular Nomex and a light Nomex that's more breathable for the hot summer months.

See their selection here: http://www.gibson-barnes.com/dept-293791/Flight-Suits-Uniforms.html
See attached PDF from their catalogue for customization options: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jchd15ldo9k4ss2/Gibson%20Barnes%20Flight%20Suit%20Options.pdf?dl=0

Only downside is they have a long lead time due to popular demand.

Gibson Barnes Flight Suit Options.pdf

Gibson Barnes Flight Suit Options.pdf

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one from Guardian Protective Clothing in Calgary. I'm pretty happy with it but the guy told to to go with Kremel which I regret for the summer. Go for Nomex if you lab on wearing it in the summer. They will also add underarm zippers with mesh for extra breathability as well.

I'm happy enough with their work that I'll order another one so I have a summer and winter suit.

• 2 months later...

Hello Tin Lizzie!

Sorry about the delay, we just came across this thread and we found your comment. We thought it was a great opportunity for us to clarify certain aspects of our flight suits and flight jackets.

We do have different collections. We have a regular Rotor Collection as well as a Fire Resistant Rotor Collection, which you can find online on our website. We even made an equivalent for EMS, also either fire resistant or not. Not every company we are working with needed nor asked for FR, so that’s why we created both versions.

As for the collar, the Stand-up collar, which you refer to as “choke-u” has very specific reasons to be there. First, our diagonal zipper makes it more convenient to put the suit on and to remove it. Therefore, the Stand-up collar is the better option to make it as functional as possible. Also, when it came to the Fire Resistant, we made lots of research and found out that it was still the best option in terms of safety and protection. This collar always stays in its position and when it’s well adjusted, prevent air infiltration via the zipper, which is mandatory when it comes to fire protection. Yes, we offer a different design from the competition, but that’s because we want to offer you what we think is the very BEST!

More so, we have a great production team that can offer customization of our products, based on your specific needs. Feel free to contact us!

https://stephanh.com/

Toll-free: 1-844-400-2585
Email: service@stephanh.com

What's up with that Stephen H choke-u collars on everything??? YUK! Plus gotta love all that flammable material on offer... lol

• Like 1

• 2 months later...