Sign in to follow this  
Daz

Flight Suits! Best Place To Buy One?

I don't mind paying for quality gear if it holds up, lasts and fits well. All flight suits are just over priced coveralls especially the old style ones. At least these don't look like it. But yes they are $$ but so is Arctrex, Fjallraven and the like.

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but has anyone here gotten around to trying out a Stephan/H suit or jacket/pants combo?

I would like to give them a shot but am having a really tough time justifying the nearly $800 price tag. Especially when you can get a standard style suit from Flight Line or Guardian for low $400's.

10 hours ago, Bif said:

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but has anyone here gotten around to trying out a Stephan/H suit or jacket/pants combo?

I would like to give them a shot but am having a really tough time justifying the nearly $800 price tag. Especially when you can get a standard style suit from Flight Line or Guardian for low $400's.

My wife and one of her coworkers have the pants and say that there great. Seem to be top quality. 

On 1/20/2019 at 6:04 PM, Bif said:

Don't forget to budget $400 for some new sunglasses to complete the look  😉

• Haha 2

$400 bucks...I wish.Try pricing a set of Oakleys with prescriptions and bifocals. I am working on my 3rd pair...close to a grand each! That really hurts when a ordinary set costs only...only...$300.!!!!

The last flight suit I got was from Gibson&Barnes. Nice but only good for winter use. You will cook to death in it in the summer. I don't use it much.....would not recommend it.

I would suggest a 2-piece flight suit (shirt and pants). Makes going to the bathroom a lot easier (especially in winter) and you can always remove the shirt when the temperatures dictate.

If you’re ever in the US, check out the military surplus stores.  You can usually get a surplus flight suit in nearly new condition for under $100 Canadian pessos.