Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Is Anybody Working Out There?

old

Well I have been around for a while and gotta say that I have more respect for todays excavator operators, and truck drivers for putting up with the major risks they endure day by day for poor pay. I sincerely appreciate a good engineer thats in it to win it rather than all the parts changers and ladder climbers out there.. A good engineer team mate is worth his/her weight in gold to me and the boss. Unfortunatley the good ones are forced to deal the all the primadonna pilots that have been produced over the past 15 years or so and end up leaving.... Risk ?? There is very little risk involved in flying a helicopter anymore( trust me I run super B's also) like when not too long ago aircraft were falling out of the sky and only a GOOD and experienced pilot could save the day. The engineers have taken all the risk out. Therefore the big bucks are not warranted for pilots. Their was once a huge shortage of pilots mainly because of the very high risk and payment reflected that but few wanted to do it. Now ?? Most new pilots are more worried how they look in the helmet and flight suit than emergency procedures because hey.... there are very few emergencies except when top gun screws up..alot would fly for free if you let them and I have seen many.. LOL ok lets hear it. No I am not an engineer.

Wow RonnyRotor, that should provoke some conversation! I didn't realize it was us against them? For the last eight years (been around a tad longer) I worked together with the AME,'s they predominantly good ones. Not sure I ever flew a Super B, but I am sure I have at one time or another. Is it more unreliable than the "old iron"? With few exceptions, the pilots and AME's that I have worked with got along great, for the most part its been a team effort, in the Arctic it has to be.

Not sure what your point is, but I wait with baited breath!

• Like 2

Wow RonnyRotor, that should provoke some conversation! I didn't realize it was us against them? For the last eight years (been around a tad longer) I worked together with the AME,'s they predominantly good ones. Not sure I ever flew a Super B, but I am sure I have at one time or another. Is it more unreliable than the "old iron"? With few exceptions, the pilots and AME's that I have worked with got along great, for the most part its been a team effort, in the Arctic it has to be.

Not sure what your point is, but I wait with baited breath!

We probably have a good idea what your breath smells like after that drivel!

what ?? is that the only rebuttal ??? cmon tell it like it is guys..

Ronny, you rock. I really did not think this thread would last so long. Surprising and judging from some but not all the posts my opinion stands. Ronny, I could not have said it better myself. It seems those that have had other jobs in the real world have a far more realistic view of this Industry than those that started out as pilots or engineers and have been whining ever since. The name given to those pilots and engineers in this market is Unemployed. That may make them even more bitter than usual and it is quite understandable given mortgages, bills, kids etc. But when you walk in the door looking for a job I think it fair to say that a good positive outlook will take you from the interview to the flightline where as bitter attitude will send you walking. Comments?

I wouldn't say that all the unemployed pilots are whiners. It's been a slow year for a lot of companies and they may have had to layoff more employees than usual. thanks for the positivity tip, I'll try that next time I'm looking for a j

Two points.

1. What I meant was that the whiner attitude wil make you unemployed.

2. Note that I included engineers and did not single out pilots in this regard.