Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Is Anybody Working Out There?

old

Cant verify this but i was told by a good source that one operator out east that runs over 40 machines did a total of just under 4,000 hours this year. That averages less then 100 hours per machine. I know for a fact banks are extremely nervous about finance on any Canadian owned Helicopter company.

87 days in the bush, 42 hours of flight time, no minimums,lots of fighting, complaining,bugs, pour condition like never seen beffore and horible pay scale. Perfect cocktail for an accident.. did i say very poor maintenance also ?

• Like 1

87 days in the bush, 42 hours of flight time, no minimums,lots of fighting, complaining,bugs, pour condition like never seen beffore and horible pay scale. Perfect cocktail for an accident.. did i say very poor maintenance also ?

The ever present link between safety and economics. When you run around selling your aircraft at less than operating cost that's what happens. Hard to beleive clients don't recognize that. Especially in this era of extensive client audits. They come in and audit heavily for safety, then hire a company who sells a B2 for 750 an hour. It's a little disconcerting that TC doesn't recognize this heightened risk as well.

The only hope is that when the pendulum swings the other way (which it always does), some of these bottom feeders (who are holding back our industry) go bankrupt (or shrink their fleet size significantly). The industry will be stronger for it.

Keep that in mind the next time you jump ship from a reputable operator for $10/HR flight pay increase...pilots who do this are also part of the problem. The grass isn't always greener...

I'm still here, but the previous comments about the forum are dead on.

• Like 3

The ever present link between safety and economics. When you run around selling your aircraft at less than operating cost that's what happens. Hard to beleive clients don't recognize that. Especially in this era of extensive client audits. They come in and audit heavily for safety, then hire a company who sells a B2 for 750 an hour. It's a little disconcerting that TC doesn't recognize this heightened risk as well.

The only hope is that when the pendulum swings the other way (which it always does), some of these bottom feeders (who are holding back our industry) go bankrupt (or shrink their fleet size significantly). The industry will be stronger for it.Well said. The Industry is way oversupplied with companies and staff for that matter. Throw in a terrible fire season and there is the perfect storm.

Keep that in mind the next time you jump ship from a reputable operator for $10/HR flight pay increase...pilots who do this are also part of the problem. The grass isn't always greener...

The only hope is that when the pendulum swings the other way (which it always does), some of these bottom feeders (who are holding back our industry) go bankrupt (or shrink their fleet size significantly). The industry will be stronger for it.Well said. The Industry is way oversupplied with companies and staff for that matter. Throw in a terrible fire season and there is the perfect storm.

What an industry. I just got chased down and offered an excavator operator job with equivalent pay to my 212 summer contract rate plus 2.5 hour mins......I am still stunned.

So what is it you are so stunned about. That someone was so low they asked you to run an excavator 10 plus hours a day to make the same money that you got paid sitting on your A$$ and did nothing. Our are they offering you 2.5 hours work a day at the same rate you got to sit on your A$$.

• Like 1

So what is it you are so stunned about. That someone was so low they asked you to run an excavator 10 plus hours a day to make the same money that you got paid sitting on your A$$ and did nothing. Our are they offering you 2.5 hours work a day at the same rate you got to sit on your A$$.

Well, that was my first post in years, won't do that again........people wonder why this forum is dead.....

• Like 5