Is Anybody Working Out There?

old

Speaking of opportunities in other industries, a very reputable trucking firm is looking for multiple owner operators to pull their NGL super B bottles from Rainbow Lake to Ft. Saskatchewan, 6 loads per day, 365 days per year, for a solid 5 year contract. They have a reputation of paying very good rates. Starts next April.

Do the math...... Now THAT'S stability!

Glad I have a wife with a class 1.

• Like 1

Speaking of opportunities in other industries, a very reputable trucking firm is looking for multiple owner operators to pull their NGL super B bottles from Rainbow Lake to Ft. Saskatchewan, 6 loads per day, 365 days per year, for a solid 5 year contract. They have a reputation of paying very good rates. Starts next April.

Be careful. One of the "less reputable" trucking firms from "out east" might get wind of this...

• Like 1

Be careful. One of the "less reputable" trucking firms from "out east" might get wind of this...

Well, that was my first post in years, won't do that again........people wonder why this forum is dead.....

Why so snippy? I agree with the previous comment. Do you really think that because your machine fly's that you are entitled to some kind of superwage over an excavator operator? They work hard all day everyday. Not saying you don't. It's just that attitude thing coming through again that seems so prevalent among some pilots.

Well, that was my first post in years, won't do that again........people wonder why this forum is dead.....

Why so snippy? I agree with the previous comment. Do you really think that because your machine fly's that you are entitled to some kind of superwage over an excavator operator? They work hard all day everyday. Not saying you don't. It's just that attitude thing coming through again that seems so prevalent among some pilots.

I paid for my helicopter lisence running excavator and have journeyman papers. The amount of risk, responsibility, and training is far beyond any hoe operator....and should be accounted for in pay. I work just as hard as any **** one of you. If you think a hoe and a helicopter are comparable, with all due respect sir, you are a moron.

• Like 3

What everyone here has to remember is that we are our own worst enemy. There's always people undercutting us so I have finally seen my first pay rise in a decade of contract work. Nothing had changed except that prices have gone down in our industry. A B2 for less than 1000$?!?!? This is what we made it.

Backhoe operators aren't getting what they got 10 years ago so why are we? Because there's always someone that will do it for cheaper and break the rules doing it. I know a guy that has been working for two companies back to back all summer. I think he's got two flight duty records going. It's bullshit but the operations he is working for aren't complaining...

What everyone here has to remember is that we are our own worst enemy. There's always people undercutting us so I have finally seen my first pay rise in a decade of contract work. Nothing had changed except that prices have gone down in our industry. A B2 for less than 1000$?!?!? This is what we made it.

Backhoe operators aren't getting what they got 10 years ago so why are we? Because there's always someone that will do it for cheaper and break the rules doing it. I know a guy that has been working for two companies back to back all summer. I think he's got two flight duty records going. It's bullshit but the operations he is working for aren't complaining...

I paid for my helicopter lisence running excavator and have journeyman papers. The amount of risk, responsibility, and training is far beyond any hoe operator....and should be accounted for in pay. I work just as hard as any **** one of you. If you think a hoe and a helicopter are comparable, with all due respect sir, you are a moron.

I've been called worse things by smarter people. You must admit that working an excavator is hard work. But an operator is an operator. Its not like your an IFR offshore pilot or something like that. Lots of pilots wash out of IFR but nobody fails flight school.

• Like 2