Is This A Flying Position

Bahahaha. But it is a messed up industry to get into. I'd hate to be starting out now as it's not getting any better for the low timers. And to tell you the truth the future scares me to think what the customers requirements will be. Could put the TC licensing requirement too 200-400 hours and try still have a hard time not to mention be impossible to afford a licence. I have no idea who freewheel is or the company he represents but if he's one of the few (I know a couple) companies trying to get the 100 hour guys a chance my hat is off to you! Especially in times like these.

I have no idea who freewheel is or the company he represents but if he's one of the few (I know a couple) companies trying to get the 100 hour guys a chance my hat is off to you! Especially in times like these.

You mean like the organization that posted this ad. Can't believe the attention this is getting. What exactly is the problem with advertising for a 100 hr pilot for a ground crew position? This ad could have easily been 1 of ours and I definitely wouldn't have changed it because someone decided they didn't like it and started a forum about it.

The fact is though I don't really need any low time guys right now I have several (with great attitudes) who have been on staff from past seasons. Each one likely deserves a chance at PIC (unfortunately the stars haven't aligned). With that being said, there are some success stories.... I also have several pilots (flying) on staff who started just like this. Better watch out they are pretty good and might be coming for your job soon enough lol.

I might actually have an opening if there is a 100 hr guy with a DZ license...but those are few and far between.

Cue the criticism

• Like 1

Freewheel i also have no idea who you are and personally i don't care. As I said in more then one post Kudos to anyone willing to take on a low timer and give him a shot. There is nothing wrong with working hard to work your way up the ladder. The problem i have is if you want ground crew then say you want ground crew. There is nothing wrong with saying we encourage low time commercial helicopter pilots to apply for this position along with all the other qualifications they asked for. It is obvious this company was hoping a low timer would apply our they would have not advertised in a helicopter forum for a truck driver.

Freewheel i also have no idea who you are and personally i don't care. As I said in more then one post Kudos to anyone willing to take on a low timer and give him a shot. There is nothing wrong with working hard to work your way up the ladder. The problem i have is if you want ground crew then say you want ground crew. There is nothing wrong with saying we encourage low time commercial helicopter pilots to apply for this position along with all the other qualifications they asked for. It is obvious this company was hoping a low timer would apply our they would have not advertised in a helicopter forum for a truck driver.

With all due respect. I thought their initial ad was pretty clear that they wanted a 100 hour pilot to apply. That was the title of the post. I have yet to see an ad (anywhere) looking for a 100 hour pilot to fly... have you? For that reason alone, I thought the initial ad (and the companies intentions were quite clear.... Maybe we're splitting hairs but I still don't see what you had issue with. Anyway, like I said this is nothing new and has received more attention than it deserves in my opinion.

One positive: you wouldn't beleive how many resumes I received this week (from pilots of varying experience levels). Several of the cover letters mentioned their positive attitude, willingness to work hard and hiw mechanically inclined they were. Apparently a few pilots on here have figured out who I am. Then again I haven't really kept it a secret. Lol

Fly safe

• Like 3

It appears you are a right fighter. As i mentioned along time ago obviously the people that posted this ad agreed as they changed the ad to say Ground Crew.There is no use discussing this our anything else with you as its obvious you believe your opinion is the only opinion that counts. If you don't think i am right then look up your replies on this site. Regardless I am done with this topic.

• Like 1