Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wheel Chair Seat

I have heard some guys refer to using a "wheel chair seat" or "wheel chair cushion" in the Bell mediums to help long line in a more comfortable position. But I am unclear as to what specifically it is they are referring to.

Can someone post a link or picture if you know the item? Or if there is something different you prefer to use please pass along the tip. Thanks

There may be a few options out there. As above, Roho is one brand I'm familiar with, but look for the Airhawk Aviation seat. If the sticker price shocks you and you're covered under a good health plan, get a doctors note.

Works good on any seat, although a bit wide for some. Even used it with tilting vertical reference seat kit.

I've used the Roho Airhawk for years in the astar with a 1" piece of firm foam under it for height as I remove the lower seat cushion. Does wonders if your on the side of your a$$ all day long lining. Don't think they make the airhawk any more but the low profile single compartment looks nearly identical accept for the cut out in the front half that the airhawk has. I've used it in the 212 as well and works great. Doesn't work so well in the newer seats in the astars as it's a bit too wide.

I've used a Roho for almost 15 years in Bell mediums, with regular or tilt seats...

Now I can't handle any more than 5 minutes in a Bell without my Roho!!!

It is worth every penny you (or hopefully your insurance plan) pay for it.

I use a model 99LP, as do many other guys I know.

That is, 9 pockets wide by 9 pockets deep, single valve, and 2 inches high.

That measures 16 inches by 16 inches and comes with a cover, pump and patch kit.

Enjoy.