Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

50 Years In Aviation

Guest CHEVY II

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carholme ------sorry 'bout that 'ol bean. I was positive that Kipper told me the Merchant Marine.......I stand corrected. If you're in the NW, PM me a number.......otherwise "talking machine" will ring at your abode this weekend. :) Oh and I won't include you in the group you mentioned because they're all "characters" and you don't qualify.....almost, but not quite......sorry 'bout that too. :P

Carholme ----- on second thought, I take that back........you/me were "characters" also at one time, but we "won't go there", other than to advise you that "The Zoo" is about to diappear and take all it's memories with it. :lol: ****.....it's hard to type and have a belly laugh at the same time, specially with the name "Stretch" floating around. :lol:

DGP;

Do you remember Hugh Ross and the 58? And Gerry and I stripping Jimmies' engine down but being extremely careful to fill the front end with rags to prevent anything getting into the intake.

Once Jimmie hit the start button and a 20 foot length of flame came out the *** end, we realized that the rags really did prevent anything else getting into the intake. The only problem was having to strip it down again.

Cap, you would have loved it!!!

Regards

carholme

Skidz ------ I'm just speaking to a time long past when we all didn't take ourselves so seriously and had absolutely tons of fun. We played **** hard, worked **** hard and weren't stumbling and tripping over tons of rules and regs, half of which are B.S...........and "NO"...we weren't the reason that those rules were put in place either. Any rules put in place because of us had little to do with anything "aviation".

Carholme ------- I said we "shouldn't go there" because the laughing will get out of hand and most of this generation won't believe it anyway. Example: Pilot and engineer in company hangar office after a night of "imbibing" at local "Zoo". Telex machine is nearby and engineer suggests sending telex to company HQ. So they send telex that reads, "Have lost 58T in poker game stop Please advise if spares box goes with stop". Radio person at company HQ receives same and laughs like crazy UNTIL Monday AM comes and Operations is scared that this might be true, considering the personalities involved. Their humour quickly disappears. Or how about a certain competitors company truck being slung from Inuvik to Tuk without their knowledge and they can't find where the **** the forking truck is when they go looking for it. :lol::lol: Don't you and DGP get started because my back is killing me and laughing too hard just makes it hurt worse. Besides, if you don't stop, the ghost of Bruce Croft will arise and then I'm done for because of the laughing.

carholm...dooly was h.ross's nickname...he was in the process of checking me out on the 58(FFZM)...got the 5 hrs in but he never got around to signing the papers..not many of them around anyways...worked on them quit a bit at Kenting...that and rebuilt an 1100 hiller with stetch that following winter....the 205 that jimmy was flying was the one that bunrt in wriggly just before christmas ...1974 :P