Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

50 Years In Aviation

Guest CHEVY II

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

XRU was burnt in the fuel dump at Tuk on the Polar Shelf contract, Barry Hewko was the engineer and the pilot had a Scottish name which eludes me at the moment, think he was ex Dom Peg. Got it, it was Angus MacDougal (sp).

DGP

Are you sure you are not thinking of the one up from Norman Wells which exploded (KHP). Terry Churcott was driving it.

Regards

carholme

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I thought it was IGC........I know Kenting lost a 205 sometime late 1975 or very early in 1976. I was on a fire in Kirkland Lake in "76" with a Gazelle and met up with Al Strom and Doug MacArthur and I remember them talking about it.

DGP, I here RC has now departed TCP in Winnipeg, also if you had not heard they are also buying an R44 for patrol.

HBD

DGP: I think the Reg of the 205 that burnt up from the cleaning job was BHP. I also think this is the one Jim L did the tobogan ride with at Bullock Hence BHP.

The other one I can't think of right now as far as reg but it was the a/c Dom Peg rolled down the hill with no pilot ( out getting lanyard off the net ?) Rebuilt by Jerry/John/Barry and crew. I will look in some photos and let you know . It was not IGC for sure as that a/c was sold after. IGC orig came from Gettis Constrution. KHP was one of the first jetrangers Klondike had. Was flown first summer by John Wederford. Many tests on the relite kit. GW and Terry did the truck relocation project with moxie and pride!!

HBD....was talking with RC...he's all done...got a good package on leaving...heard about the r44...two steps backwards I think...RC did not recommend it...came from SM...as far as which 205 burnt....as I said...not sure of the reg....it was being driven by one of the Churcott brothers.... ;)B)...is jim L still around Edmonton?Last time I saw POA I believe it was being driven by Ed Porco for Luc P...was on a fire near LongLac...that was about 10 years ago :up: