50 Years In Aviation

Guest CHEVY II

Hey mawddogg....I heard about that truck abscond flight...did you ever here about the one in thompson....grant M was the driver on that one...believe Rollie M was the hookup guy.....the boys at Viking were steamed over that one....I think Bob M finally got over that one...seen him at the HAI in LA :Dnow that I think about it,it may not have been a truck....had something to do with the Christmas parade.... :lol:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TCP's R44, even if it's a step back those guys still make great $$$, have EDO's, most have 4 weeks plus vacation, incentive comp, yearly training south of the boarder, etc.... I'f I was still there I'd be in my 23 year so anything to keep the pension going would be okay with me. One AME has 26 years now and he's younger than.......and he said the same to me 2 weeks ago, anything to keep the pension going. I'm heading out for 3 weeks of contract Q/A in May.

Jim L.........dunno

Ed Porco, wow there is a name you don't hear every day. He pulled me outta Lake Ontario in 77 when our 206A flamed out over the Gardner in Toronto, Tom Kerkoff put it on the only floating piece of ice on the lake. We resued it with an old set of 47 floats and blades, as I was getting off the ice down I went..........ol steady Eddie pulled me out.

Keep in touch......

HBD

Guest CHEVY II
Ed Porco, wow there is a name you don't hear every day.  He pulled me outta Lake Ontario in 77 when our 206A flamed out over the Gardner in Toronto, Tom Kerkoff put it on the only floating piece of ice on the lake. 

Interesting tidbit of info...I'll have to ask Tom about that one! :up:

He'll remember that one for sure, QKV was the registration. Serial # 8 Augusta Bell 206, went to do a power check and she flamed out over the Gardner Expressway in TO. We stop the ole girl from going below the static ports with the 47 blades and bags. Finding was a rag in the compressor, we did not have a seperator and over time sucked parts of a rag in the compressor until she quit.........we all got #### for that one. What I can't recall is if John Ben Ben or Wes Hopper was DOM..........never the less we all got it. Ron Boyd was chief pilot/operations manager at the time. Same time of year Hartley Brown lost entire tool box in Lake Ontario...........rolled off the pad and into the drink!!! Sorry Headley, I mean Hartley. Those were the good ole days...

HBD

Yes that was dryden 18...yes it was 74...we were there with fzm...s-58 piston banger....those boys sure liked their gin....oh yah :lol:  B)  :D

I remember the '58. **** they were some ugly!! Not that I should speak.......... Was there with Alouette II ' YDP. We weren't at the main camp, but at some Forestry place with a lot of summer student an a Foresty guy from Lands and Forests........ :D:D 10-12 hours a day and then............

R...

yah....the r word....was just getting a bucket checkout on the 58 when the rains came and it was back to Calgary :down:We were staying downtown next to the stinking mill...hotter than he$$ with no a/c...had to keep all the windows closed to keep the smell out of your room...but the beer and gin was ice cold :up: :up: