Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canadian Heli Companys

HI guys,

Just wondering after spending some time talking to different companys in Canada i have narrowed it down to a few who i would like to work for...any input to the pro's and con's of these operators would be great. Saying that I know they are all good but I would hate to make the wrong decision...

Mustang..??

Great Slave..??

Delta..??

Campells..??

Canadian..??

Quest..??

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mustang.. not sure

Great Slave.. heard good things

Delta.. will love them forever, they gave me my first job :up:

Campell.. ditto, gave me my first medium :up:

Canadian.. ask 407driver :P

Quest..? dunno

Man oh Man,ya left out more than half of the good ones :up: :up:

Have a good weekend all.......Mini

Canadian.. ask 407driver 

WHY ME? Hey, I hear they are GREAT, absolute best training in the business, great advancement opportunities, just stick around for a few years and you can be at the TOP, experienced helicopters too, I never ever flew a machine with less hours than me ( :D ?) and those uniforms...Niicccce touch :up: !

Any job is a good job, so if they have openings (and they do) take one, get the Penticton Instructors to teach you some tricks, make some money and move on....most of us here did that :D

Alpine...seems to be stuffed plumb full of Pilots right now, I wonder why ?

Qwest, great guys, super busy place.

Mustang - Avoid unless you wanna work seismic in clapped out machines.

Great Slave - Good company But all arctic, average wages, and may have to sleep in a pup tent on the tundra.

Delta - Good company, But they are very picky who they hire.

Quest - Don't know alot but heard good things.

but this is only my opinions.

:rolleyes:

Great Slave, I can't say enough good things about them! Treated me like gold!!

Delta, nothing wrong with them,

Canadian, everbody should work for them for at least one season just to make you appreciate the rest of the Canadian operators that much more. I'm surprised 407D was so diplomatic! I don't know why they're even on your list!

Man oh Man,ya left out more than half of the good ones

That's true, your list is all wrong!!!

You forgot Yellowhead, Alpine, and Highland is also apparently a low key but excellent company!!

Of course this is just my 2 cents!