Canadian Heli Companys

I Dont know wheather you are being sarcastic or not about Canadian :blink: are you being truthfull in saying they are good, most if not all of the pilots i have talked to out here on penticton Love it :up:

Thanks, Cole

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ME? Sarcastic? I'd never be sarcastic? would I MAG?, JetBox? Amadao?

Or Do you think our friend Cole has on those BOB colored glasses?

Actually Cole, the fact is that they have had a huge turnover rate in the past, but it still is a good place to start out. The Penticton Instructors are great. They can teach you to stay alive. As you get more experience in the industry, you may shed your BOB colored glasses and realize that other companies may treat you and/or pay you better, hundreds of us already did !

One day I hope that they do realize the value of crew and place crew treatment at the top of their list...even above stock prices :blink:

Being "picky" doesn't mean you end up with what you're looking for. You know how your girlfriend doesn't like a guy and you do? And she ends up being right? Same principle at work...

I was going to work for Delta about 10 years ago and someone told me to be careful... 'cause Don will "either love you so much you can do no wrong... or dislike you so much you can pull him from burning wreckage and he'll find fault with how you did it..."

I never again want to work for a company where I am at the mercy of one person's emotional state... give me a good medium sized company where the people to blame are clearly on display... :)

My three cents...

HV

Delta - Was through there some ten years ago when I was a 100hr wonder, I was treated with such disrespect and rudeness after not being through the door for more than two minutes. The individual more or less said " that if your a 100hr wonder, get the f*%# out!" Just wanted to drop a resume' off and instead I left saying to myself I would never work for that company nor have I. I am sure not everyone there is like that but they employed a person like that, so..........

Enough rant. :D

ya ol' Don had his quirks i'll admit.............

but ya know, i put up with it all and worked hard in the hangar, never complained. there were a few of us 100 hr wonders there at the time but what a feeling when he told me: "pack your s%$t robbie, you're headed for the arctic tomorrow"! :up:

i worked there a few years and then moved on. still friends. even went back a few summers ago to fly a 204 and made a nice chunk of change :up:

if i ever decide to take a break from instructing, their's would be one of the first doors i'd knock on :up:

Things went far better for me when I stopped at Delta. I was treated with respect, and given a few minutes to chit-chat with the Ops Mngr and pet his cat. He was blunt about not hiring 100 hour guys, but was far from rude about it. Maybe I lucked out with who I talked to, but I got a good impression from the place. :up:

Things went far better for me when I stopped at Delta. I was treated with respect, and given a few minutes to chit-chat with the Ops Mngr and pet his cat. He was blunt about not hiring 100 hour guys, but was far from rude about it. Maybe I lucked out with who I talked to, but I got a good impression from the place. :up:

Ryan, re-read your post. After your "Beaver" post, allow me to be a little skeptical about what you really mean here... :lol::lol::lol:

Capt Krusty, You must know a different Yellowhead than I do? The one I know is professionally run by great guys, the crews are generally quite happy, the aircraft are about as good as you'll find anywhere, and as a company they do very well.

I have worked for the 3 stooges before, but it wasn't at Yellowhead !

If I wasn't employed here, ... their's would be one of the first doors I'd knock on :up: (using 412D's exact words from a previous post)

Hey Downwash, how does it feel being refered to as one of the three stooges? If I were you i'd be ready to break someones neck for a comment like that. Please guys if you don't have anything good to say about a company don't come out name calling, especially if it's second hand info!!!!!!!!!!

Smarten the f##k up, it's all about respect!

VX