Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

TCCA-->FAA ATPH Incorrect answers

Yo folks,

Recently wrote the ACH (FAA ATPH conversion exam from TCCA) and there is one topic that I'm unsure of what the correct answer was for "Hover taxi and taxi for wheeled heli." 

I got one of these two questions wrong and am not positive which one it was. Also haven't had any luck finding a reference for both... Wondering if someone could give me a hand? Thanks....

Q:What is expected from ATC when cleared to taxi in a wheeled helicopter?

1) Are expected to stay on the ground and wheel taxi 

2) Proceed to the destination as fast as possible that you are cleared to.

Note. I only could remember these two options the exam gave me. I chose the first and I know it's not the second one...

Q: What's "Hover Taxi" defined as?

1) Proceed less then 25'

2) Keep a 5' skid hight and proceed on the route you are instructed.

3) Keep a 3' skid hight or if you have a wheels then keep contact with ground and wheel taxi.

Note. I chose #2 

Thanks,

Owen

I dont think it against the law to hover taxi a wheeled aircraft in the US, I know it isn't in Canada. Was there an option to remain under 100 feet?

i believe the answer to the second question is "proceed under 25 feet".

Interesting that these 2 questions are not on the App I bought for the TCCA - FAA ATP cnonversion exam, I write it on the 29th!