Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

What's to old to start?

Fly47

You should have taken the Airbus course that Johnson took and found out if you liked it or not.

https://www.verticalmag.com/features/taking-control-airbus-non-pilot-emergency-landing-training-course/?utm_source=vertical-daily-news-top-story&utm_campaign=vertical-daily-news&utm_medium=email&utm_term=top-story&utm_content=V1

I wonder how good the course is with single pilot controls and only two seats in the front of say a B206 or Astar 350, and why the landing under ideal condition on an airport runway, I would have used the grass on the side of the runway, easier sliding.

As far as I am concerned it's just a gimmick proposed by AirBus and totally useless.

How often does an emergency happen over an airport.

The only people that would use that course are the ones it was sold too, and even then an emergency under any conditions, requires a qualified pilot to handle.

MOST EMERGENCY DO NOT HAPPEN UNDER IDEAL CONDITIONS.

I wonder what safety manager thought of this scenario!!!!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 8008S said:

Don't listen to anyone on this thread and make up your mind for yourself. There's nothing wrong with starting in the industry at your age.

I'd say timing in the industry is what most guys are saying over any ones age. There are plenty of experienced guys not receiving a pay cheque right now.  Bud you'd be out of your skull to get into this industry this day and age. Especially if you are already raising your eyebrows at being a below minimum wage janitor and worse yet have a family that is relying on you to feed and house them. It would just be an irresponsible move. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blackmac said:

You should have taken the Airbus course that Johnson took and found out if you liked it or not.

https://www.verticalmag.com/features/taking-control-airbus-non-pilot-emergency-landing-training-course/?utm_source=vertical-daily-news-top-story&utm_campaign=vertical-daily-news&utm_medium=email&utm_term=top-story&utm_content=V1

I wonder how good the course is with single pilot controls and only two seats in the front of say a B206 or Astar 350, and why the landing under ideal condition on an airport runway, I would have used the grass on the side of the runway, easier sliding.

As far as I am concerned it's just a gimmick proposed by AirBus and totally useless.

How often does an emergency happen over an airport.

The only people that would use that course are the ones it was sold too, and even then an emergency under any conditions, requires a qualified pilot to handle.

MOST EMERGENCY DO NOT HAPPEN UNDER IDEAL CONDITIONS.

I wonder what safety manager thought of this scenario!!!!!!!

As we all know...some passengers think they are better pilots than the guy that it flying them around. I have heard to many passengers telling me they have more time in a helicopter than I have...too bad I never flew a ship on a job with duals in it or I would have said...have at er bye. I had a few engineers give it a try with duals installed...panic happened within seconds