Flight Duty Tracker Options for Pilot Roster?

Bif

If you have to spend 90%+ of your work day tracking down, renaming, sorting, auditing, correcting the flight duty reports of 20-ish pilots (all of whom are prone to error on the best of days, let alone on day 27+ of a fire gig), you might change your view point regarding the benefits of a custom solution. :blink:

We created an FDT spreadsheet in excel then imported into Google Sheets then saved on Google Drive  Each pilot has their own FDT folder and fills their FDT register out daily. Another benefit is, Drive has a smart phone app. so when wifi is absent it will work with celuar. We pay our pilots a daily rate for the use of thier phones while on duty. I'm continually looking for ways to reduce data entry and hope to beta a CPR / FDT excel workbook.(Built in excel exported into G. Sheets). The FDT register worksheet would capture FDT inputs that have been entered into the CPR worksheet. Pilots will then only need to access one form for their daily data entry.  Oh yeh yet another plus, Google Sheets and Drive are free. 

2 hours ago, kjw57 said:

We created an FDT spreadsheet in excel then imported into Google Sheets then saved on Google Drive  Each pilot has their own FDT folder and fills their FDT register out daily. Another benefit is, Drive has a smart phone app. so when wifi is absent it will work with celuar. We pay our pilots a daily rate for the use of thier phones while on duty. I'm continually looking for ways to reduce data entry and hope to beta a CPR / FDT excel workbook.(Built in excel exported into G. Sheets). The FDT register worksheet would capture FDT inputs that have been entered into the CPR worksheet. Pilots will then only need to access one form for their daily data entry.  Oh yeh yet another plus, Google Sheets and Drive are free. 

Not bad, I'll discuss this option with our IT guy!

Yep, but I'm not sure this solves any of my problems. It's just replacing 1 decentralized database that only works on one OS with another decentralized database that only works on a different OS. We'd still have to chase after pilots to send in their reports/data and go through the whole error identification, rectification, resubmission rigmarole that I already hate with FltDuty XLS.

I use LogTen Pro for my personal logbook, but I'm not sure they have the provisions for managing/overseeing a roster of pilots (unless that's changed, I could be wrong).

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2017 at 11:38 AM, Bif said:

Yep, but I'm not sure this solves any of my problems. It's just replacing 1 decentralized database that only works on one OS with another decentralized database that only works on a different OS. We'd still have to chase after pilots to send in their reports/data and go through the whole error identification, rectification, resubmission rigmarole that I already hate with FltDuty XLS.

I use LogTen Pro for my personal logbook, but I'm not sure they have the provisions for managing/overseeing a roster of pilots (unless that's changed, I could be wrong).

If operators invested in some off the software that "SpiderTracks" is offering it would eliminate a lot of headaches go thru their catalogue. INMHO