Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Evo Helmets in Canada?

I have had a Gallet for over 10 years now and since day 1, I have found it to be really noisy.  I remember the first time I flew with it, I couldn't believe how much noise was getting in my ears.  I tried switching with the regular David Clark headset dangling on the co-jo side and thought wow, this is better.   Anyhow, I ended up buying molded plugs from customs protectear and it was all good from there.  Dont get me wrong, I still like the helmet, the comfort, the visors, and the fact that it is not heavy and very compact to sling in the astar.  Fact is, I had not heard anybody complain about the fact the Gallet does not offer much passive noise reduction before.  Of course I have the whole shebang, hush kit, nasa foam liner, etc.  I am now considering buying an EVO helmet.  Anyone has had experience with both the Gallet and EVO in that perspective?  Thank you.

I third the north wall helmet. I was a gallet 250 person through and through. Tried the north wall gen 2 awesome helmet much lighter and smaller than the gallet, the visors doesn’t rub on the shell like all my gallets, they have are super comfortable and adjustable. Much smaller in the bubble and we’ll priced. Be warned tho the light speed or Bose will not fit if you have a big head like me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

EVOs are POS, I had an old Alpha for years, was time to get a new helmet, I bought all the hype from EVO, ordered a 050 EVO for $1800 US took 6 weeks to get it after I calling them to check on it after 5 1/2 weeks, the visor knob broke the first day I used it because the visor was rubbing so much against shell, I sent it back, the replacements build quality was no better, I should have returned it right then and there, 1 year later I ordered a new Alpha Eagle dual visor for $1850 US, once I had both helmets side by side the EVo is no lighter than Alpha, and is just a cheap knock off of the galley, using 1 shell size to save on manufacturing costs means everyone has a XL shell with more or less pads inside, I learned the hard costly way, should have gone with an Alpha from the start...

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 9:59 PM, Dynamic said:

I ordered an 252 Evo from helicopter helmet this winter, and it arrived in about 3 1/2 weeks. extremely happy with the build quality. I've done about 100hrs of flying with it now and it is superb. very light, quiet. Solid choice!

After having your 252 for this long, would you still give it a good review? Looking into getting my first helmet and the evo helmets look pretty great but seemed to be getting mixed reviews on here.