Canadians Need Not Apply

Looks like Bladeslapper took down all the disparaging comments about said companies abuse of the TFW program. Does anyone know of a reciprocating type program Australia has? I'd love to spend a couple seasons not flying in snow. There seems to be an abundance of jobs there and I'm more than qualified by their requirements. I'm older than 32 so I can't do the  travel work visa. Any of you Oz operators can PM me. Cheers

Typical. Companies are too poor at running their own business and upping the tariff on their machine to reflect inflation and the cost of running a business in a s##t hole so they out-source to other countries to get “skilled labour”. Skill being loosely applied. Most Aussie pilots that need to come up here, as fun and nice as they are, don’t actually have the time they say they do. Eat your heart out contrail...

This is what’s wrong with this industry. I would go there, they just have to pay what I’m worth.

• Like 1

Couldn’t agree with you more Bif! 

The guys at Valhalla and Wildcat would likely know what’s required to fly in Oz, but from what little I know there I assume they are flying C- Reg machines? 

If you have a lack of things to do, it’s possible to find companies putting job ads on very random hiring sites in an effort to make it seem like they are looking for Canadian employees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bif said:

I arrived to this thread too late for any context, but I can guess at it. Honestly, if they're actively avoiding hiring Canadian pilots then they're doing Canadian pilots a favour. 

Not the pilots and operators that are competing in Ft Nelson. I’m just guessing, but the operating cost is got to be lower with all TFW’s as employees. So do the Canadians have to go to NZ for interviews or would they be kind enough to do video interviews like for the Aussies? 

I was having a few beers with a relative a few days ago and he said “why are most of the heli pilots in Canada from NZ and OZ”  I said “I’m guessing that you were flying in fort Nelson” I also mentioned that maybe he should use a company that doesn’t take advantage of the TFW program. 

• Like 1

The days are numbered on this kind of abuse and the program in general. Especially in this industry with so many pilots having difficulties finding their first job.

The TFW program undermines the whole process in this industry at least.

Pull out your magic marker and all of a sudden you have a 1000- 1500 hrs. in seconds, cattle mustering

• Like 1