Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

CADORS 2017C2301

Mark_

I flew this helicopter about two weeks prior to this accident and it only had 14 hrs on the hobbs. The pilot in the report at the time was a low time pilot going for a ppc (not sure why in this helicopter) and had no time in a french machine. They were practicing hovering autos and I think that the pilot put in the wrong pedal with the throttle chop and the instructor was too late to catch it. It may have turned out different if they were practicing on pavement and not grass which explains why it flipped over. The instructor was also low time in type as he would not even demo a auto for me at the time. No injurys but some heavily bruised egos I’m sure. Also no video cameras fitted when i took her for a spin.

I suppose you can all continue to speculate if you wish. After all it is a new helicopter to the canadian market.

Bottom line is, has the TSB started an investigation or not? If they have, then maybe they see the potential for something more than a training error. If they have not, case closed. they have more experience in turning speculation into facts than I do. Although I am still happy with my own conclusion based on what I read in CADORS 

does anyone have a link to TSB starting an investigation?

Wasn’t speculating with this incident/accident, pilot is a good friend who sent me a photo same day it happened. He said they were practicing engine failure at the hover and that things ended really bad and that it was all a blur as it all happened so fast. Don’t know that TSB get involved as there were no injuries and they know what the cause was.

Just my .02 worth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1