Topic removed

Thank you for the comments and opinions. Some comments turned more to flying out of trim and not applicable to my topic, but still very good feedback for the topic for unporting in general. This was my first time posting in a forum, thank you for taking the time to read this and responding. Take care till next topic :)

On 2017-11-18 at 11:56 AM, Helicopter said:

Thank you for the comments and opinions. Some comments turned more to flying out of trim and not applicable to the concern in my topic, but still very good feedback for the topic for unporting in general. Thank you for taking the time to read this and responding. Take care till next topic :)

I may post in the future futher follow up

On 2017-11-19 at 11:22 AM, CD said:

There was also this one in 2003:

http://www.bst-tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-reports/aviation/2003/a03w0194/a03w0194.asp

" Fuel unporting is a phenomenon whereby fuel flows away from the fuel pick up in the fuel tank, and will result in a power loss or engine failure due to fuel starvation. Unporting is a function of the amount of fuel available (usually very small quantities), the attitude of the helicopter, and sloshing of the fuel in the tank."

I would say that flying out of trim is very applicable and a major factor in fuel unporting. 

On 2017-11-20 at 7:53 AM, freck said:

When I was flying the 206 I was told that 20 gals was acceptable fuel some old timers would say 15 was good.  Just like in the Astar be on the ground at 20%. So who are we supposed to listen to? The fact of the matter is the 206 fuel gauge is famously inaccurate and should be regularly calibrated (for lack of a better word) I can see how this type of accident will be blamed on the pilot but in reality why hasn't bell come up with a better system? I feel for Helicopter who was PIC in this accident. I was told a long time ago that PIC stands for Punishment Is Coming. Also if the new standard is 30-40 Gal min you might as well sell the old bird as scrap metal or take out the back seat and have a really nice 2 seater. 

When I flew jet rangers I was taught not to fly lower than 20 gallons but only because that was your 20 minute reserve with 10 gal unusable with  failed boost pumps. Which should be a 40 min reserve with boost pumps working. If I flamed out at 20 Gal or even 15 gal I’d be pissed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BrockLanders said:

When I flew jet rangers I was taught not to fly lower than 20 gallons but only because that was your 20 minute reserve with 10 gal unusable with  failed boost pumps. Which should be a 40 min reserve with boost pumps working. If I flamed out at 20 Gal or even 15 gal I’d be pissed. 

Agreed!

On 21/11/2017 at 10:17 AM, BrockLanders said:

Well said

On 21/11/2017 at 4:18 PM, freck said:

Agreed!

Well said

On 2017-11-21 at 1:17 PM, BrockLanders said:

You said it best