Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

End of the H120/EC120/Colibri/Whatever you call it

There is still 48 registered in canada. 

Some fly alot of hours. some fly very few.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ccarcs-riacc/RchSimpRes.aspx?cn=||&mn=EC120|&sn=||&on=||&m=||

Personally I liked the aircraft, but numbers are numbers and it wasn't selling. Its a no brainer that Airbus would cancel it. 

Had they made an effort to add power, and reduce O/H costs while keeping overall operating costs low, then perhaps they would have continued selling. 

• Like 1

I loved flying it on fires this summer. It's a wonderful little machine if you know its limits. A perfect Helco/Admin platform if you ask me...

But yeah, a beefed up drive train would work wonders. Having said that, I medevaced 3 folks off the fire line with 50% fuel on a fairly average day and we verticalled out no problem. To me, it's just so damned stable in the hover you never spill any lift. I've yet to fly it in a truly hot or high environment though.

It's disappointing no one came up with a solution, but like GrayHorizons said numbers are numbers. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...