Sign in to follow this  
twinstar_ca

End of the H120/EC120/Colibri/Whatever you call it

SO what's the consensus of the board on the 120 ceasing production?? Does Sierra still have theirs?? I know CPS still has 2 and doesn't Edmonton and Winnipeg PD's each have 1?? Anyone else operating one??

There is still 48 registered in canada. 

Some fly alot of hours. some fly very few.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/2/ccarcs-riacc/RchSimpRes.aspx?cn=||&mn=EC120|&sn=||&on=||&m=||

Personally I liked the aircraft, but numbers are numbers and it wasn't selling. Its a no brainer that Airbus would cancel it. 

Had they made an effort to add power, and reduce O/H costs while keeping overall operating costs low, then perhaps they would have continued selling. 

• Like 1

I loved flying it on fires this summer. It's a wonderful little machine if you know its limits. A perfect Helco/Admin platform if you ask me...

But yeah, a beefed up drive train would work wonders. Having said that, I medevaced 3 folks off the fire line with 50% fuel on a fairly average day and we verticalled out no problem. To me, it's just so damned stable in the hover you never spill any lift. I've yet to fly it in a truly hot or high environment though.

It's disappointing no one came up with a solution, but like GrayHorizons said numbers are numbers. 

• Like 1

The solution is a bigger machine like the 130 or 350 or 407 or 206l4.

The original market was for the golfing foursome and their bags.  It's a cute little machine, little being the operative word.  Now the 505 is coming out to fill the void.

17 hours ago, flingwinger said:

I’d take the 120 any day over a 206. Just so much cargo space it’s easy to load it up then wonder why it’s underpowered.

Wouldn’t say that hot and high