Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl And Kelowna Flightcraft Win Contract

I'm all with CAP on this one. It's about time we started spending much overdue money on our military. The boys and girls getting AC isn't the end of the world, although there might've been a better way to spend that extra cash.

Still, not their fault the bureaucrats are thieves and idiots.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My particular problem with our military is that I remember. I remember aircraft carriers with helicopters, jet fighters, a Navy that was second-to-none in ASW (anti-submarine warfare), an Air Force that consistently took the NATO trophy for gunnery against the best there was and an Army that was "nobody's fool".....and we could "back it all up". People went into the military and made a career of it and even those that left, stayed more than a few years. Many of those who left were the foundation of the industry I've made a career of and we all benefit today from their past contributions. There was pride, "esprit de corps" and military units on parade didn't prompt comments of derision and resulting laughter from onlookers...... that's what I remember. To those who don't remember that or weren't born til later, I envy you that ignorance.

There was pride, "esprit de corps" and military units on parade didn't prompt comments of derision and resulting laughter from onlookers...... that's what I remember. To those who don't remember that or weren't born til later, I envy you that ignorance.

None of my business. But man, that's a heartbreaking statement. :mellow:

Sorry, Cap. I meant that the attitudes and behaviors that would drive any veteran to make such a statement are what's heartbreaking

The sad part is that he's right! :down: It's our own fault as a Canadian society for letting the imbeciles in government ruin what was once a world class organization. What makes Canada an awsome country to live in also makes us complacent, and here we are!

PS: FA, haven't had the full left pedal entering the auto but I have had a kid yard in full collective while in a vertical descent on the zero speed auto. A sure fire way to deplete one's Nr.  :shock:

Kee-Riced! That musta been an eye opener! :shock: Need to spend more time in briefings? ;)

Did ya kick him out and make him walk home from Grabber Green? :up: You need to keep a spare pair of shorts in the back for goodie like that. Could you see it coming or was it right out of the blue? :wacko:

Cap, a very well stated vue on our beloved NDHQ and the BS that the military grunts have had to put up with all these years.

I think the saying back then was go on relief with Daffy DieF.

Then along came that sanctimonious arse hole Helleyer.

You were also right on with the statement that the industry was started by ex military, some of you should check our history.

HU21 & HS50 from the navy and 108 squadron from the squatters.

If the C130 that went in at Alert been equipped with a $4K GPS, it would never have happened.

A good portion of the military aircraft that are operating today are equipped to 1965 standards.

Please don't tell me that I don't know what I'm talking about because I sold off about 120M$ of there junk.

As for A/C in the aircraft, I'm all for it, it's normally called living with progress.

If our so-called government had any balls or had any idea of what actually goes on outside of Ottawa, they would allow the Dept of Defence state the budget required in conjunction with a civilian over-vue board and keep the G***D### politicians out of it.

Don

Canada got a tax base of approximately 20M people......the rest are too young, too old or infirmed. We can't have a military like the US, Germany, Britain, France, Communist China, Russia, etc. because the money just ain't there and unles there's a masssive "procreation" or massive immigration, it ain't changing anytime soon. What Canada can do though, is one **** of a lot better than we have demonstrated over that last 35 years. We got the intelligence, we got the personnel that are second to nobody and many like those "in waiting".

Our particular problem is that we don't have buildings in out major cities or small towns that wear the scars and bullet holes from past battles and invading armies. We didn't fight for our independence from anybody and the Germans never set foot on Canadian soil with an invading Army or Air Force during WW1 or 2. the only Japanese who came here did so to immigrate or visit. Ditto for the Russians and Italians. Everything to us has always been "over there" and we saw/see it in pictures, newsreels or on TV. Speak with someone in Holland or someone who grew up there and get their opinions on this subject. You''ll quickly find out that the Canadian soldier is held in much higher regard in that locale than he is amongst the general Canadian population because he fought, bled and died on their streets. Canadians only need him for clearing snow in Toronto or sandbagging some flood in Winnipeg, Other than that most of the military can "F off" and quit their belly-aching as far as Canada is concerned. During the Cold war all Canadians knew that if they didn't send one fighter up to intercept anything Soviet, the Americans would and we got comfortable and smug with that idea. One of these days maybe the Americans won't "be there for us" and then what are we going to do? This ain't WW2 days anymore where we could take 2-3 years to "spool-up" to be some kind of force to be reckoned with.....2-3 weeks and we'd be in sh*t up past our eyebrows.

Jeez Hover Pig - Bet that made you drop yer cigarette and spill yer coffee!

After the recovery what was: "What he did right" , "What he did wrong" , "What he can do to improve".

Let me guess: "Gave me control!" ,"Enlisted." , " Resign his commission. "

cheers

Cap, I think you got some of our history wrong. When we were actual British subjects and around the time of there war for indipendance (1812) didn't we have to fight them off to keep them from coming over the St.Lawrence and settling in Upper Canada, the so - called Americans were the original wet-backs. Not the Mexican's.

History 101.

Don