Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chl And Kelowna Flightcraft Win Contract

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.........and how many people are alive today that were alive then? Half of any given classroom, when I went to school, had lost a father, uncle or older brother in WW2 and their feelings were quite a bit different than the average Canadian's of nowadays about the monies spent to keep our Armed Forces functional. Those of us who were not in that postion then, also had close relatives who had been in the militaryand were perhaps trying to cope without a limb lost at war or other conditions that they would live with for the rest of the lives. Ditto for those people who have witnessed foreign armies marching down their main streets and/or coming in the night to take a family member away forever. We're lucky in a sense, but that has also left us ignorant and smug.

TQN, you could become a "wetback" as long as you are wearing a t-shirt.

You walked into that one.

I am so depressed, blue monday, I just found out my fairy nice friend from the fort is no longer looking at my posts, thank God, I wouldn't want to be responsible for an increase in his I.Q.

Don

PS: According to him somebody else tells him, maybe I should just send a personal e-mail, like he used to do. Please advise if you would like me to post it, so people can actually see for themselves what a unique individual you are.

Thank you for the positive comments on our fighting men and women. Indeed we know that we cannot have a huge military, we just want one that is capable to deal with it's mission which sorely needs to be defined properly. Then properly equip the outfit and keep our gear up to date, that's all.

As for the kid with collective, yeah good point was the checks were well done, bad point was yarding in full collective on entry, tip would be DONT EVER DO THAT AGAIN!.

Thank God the Jetbox is good little beast and recovered immediately upon lowering of said collective in conjunction with throttle roll up and putting the nose down a few degrees. It was exciting but the machine is very forgiving, it better be because we are keeping the exact same B06 airframes for another 20 years of full on autos at Grabber Green. By the way, anybody looking for a job instructing...... :P

Hover_Pig ------"instructing?"........how could I do that when the only thing I've ever learned to do is take-off and land. My engineers do all the rest including the cross-country's. :lol:

TQN-------do you think you could change the subject matter slightly from "wet-backs" to "wet T-shirts", so that I might join in. I figured Blackmac might pick up on that one. You gotta watch him too TQN because he's ex-Navy and you know about sailors and women. .......once an "animal", always an "animal". :lol::lol::lol:

Cap

Please for the goodness of humanity,Please do not even contemplate the horrific thought of you being a contestant in a Wet-T shirt contest......My tender little stomach would never be able to stay down.....Just friendly advice from an X-co-worker and friend...........Otooley

Hey Otooley, I've been looking at that body in the mirror enough that I don't stand in front of mirrors anymore unless I'm tying my tie........and I go out to places where you gotta wear a tie very seldom as a result. I agree totally....that image is enough to make a buzzard puke, but I'm real close to shorts weather, so look-the-****-out :shock: . I was referring to females you smart-*** engineer, so find a wrench and go tighen something. :lol: Now BACK TO.........