Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

MH-60S KnightHawk, doing pinnacle landing?

I actually think you are the one in need of Naloxone, if you think you see everything as a GrayHorizons, you are the one who is not well. Try a couple more opioids and it might brighten up and you can fly by yourself.

It's people like you who haven't lived thru the BS of Transport Canada Aviation, who don't understand the reality of a non entity.

Get some time in the industry and maybe you'll understand what is going on. Try reading the whole magazine and contribute some reality. 

On 2018-03-10 at 5:13 PM, GrayHorizons said:

not that I dont agree with alot of what you said Blackmac....but are you ok? you're ramblings are....rambling....so really, are you ok???

Almost a decade has gone by since HEPAC died, yet some continue with the same condescending rants that may have led to its demise. 

worldywings explained one of the main reasons HEPAC could not get the required support quite eloquently (way back in 2009) on the HEPAC in jeopardy thread.

“I wouldn't describe those who choose not to send money to an unproved and untested organization with a limited membership as *sitting on the sidelines*. 

Let us not forget that until the fairly recent muzzling of certain individuals HEPAC was starting to sound like a bunch of angry thugs intent upon insulting and alienating anyone who dared ask a question.

I for one quite liked the idea of general representation and was almost signed on the dotted line until I watched the nonsense unfold on here in the various HEPAC threads. 

To be quite honest, I decided I didn't want to be associated with a group that had members and founders behaving as they were.

This seems to have changed but I am sure I am not the only one with a *wait and see* attitude.

Anyhow, to the volunteers giving their time and effort, the best of luck!”

On 3/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, hybrid said:

0F5FF14B-6350-470D-AF10-F19B6FEA638F.jpeg

The best reply I've seen yet, Thanks.

Try over 50 yrs in aviation, plus the fact I've held every job in the helicopter industry, including janitor. You tell me how many ex commercial pilots or ame's now work for Transport Canada Aviation and how many will admit, they are only there for the pension and benefits. I was one of the contracting officer's leading up to the preliminary privatization of Nav.Canada. The person to became the first President was from ATAC,  originally, and prior to that President of "First Air".

By the way Nav.Canada is known for having one off the best systems in North America, not run by Transport Canada Aviation.

FAA wanted to adopt the system but the unions were complaining that thousands of people would be put out of work, so it was overruled by congress.

SO, all you people that think you are getting remarks, that you don't agree with, why don't you come up with a better scenario, other than TCA.

The only person with any history on the helicopter industry is myself starting of in the Navy and first commercial job with Spartan Helicopter Services, 1957.

If you don't appreciate my input or advice, try and solve the BS and suffer the out come.

If you will notice, most of the replies are coming from people who only want to critique, try giving some input.

THE FIRST TIME I GOT IN A HELICOPTER, NAVY HORS3 (S-55), I JUMPED OUT WEARING AN IMMERSION SUIT, BY THE TIME I WAS HOISTED BACK UP WE WERE ABOUT 300 FT ABOVE THE WATER, 350 HR PILOT HAD A HARD TIME HOLDING ALTITUDE.

I STILL REMEMBER IT TO THIS DAY AND WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING FROM FLYING, MAINTAINING OR THE PEOPLE I'VE MET OR PLACES I'VE BEEN.

THE ONLY THING I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IS THE INDUSTRY, WHAT'S LEFT OF IT, GET TOGETHER, AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE OWNERS CLUB (NON ENTITY) AND TCA.        

Ask yourself what purpose does either one serve, except themselves.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, GrayHorizons said:

this isn't an internet dick showing contest, i know your experience.

You show me yours and I'll show you mine, if I can find it.

however, you insinuated i had zero experience and other trifle bullshit,  and I had no right to comment on the industry.

I never insinuated you had no experience, you never ever stated you had any. All you seem to do is critic, without suggesting any solution, if you are happy with TCA, say so.  

i responded with my experience, plain and simple.

You actually responded with nothing but another smartass remark and no indication of your background, whereas I have been posting since Canadian Aviation, the predecessor to Vertical Mag. 

Under any auditing rules if you find a problem you are required to provide a solution that is applicable, to remedy the problem.  

I don't have the complete answer to the problem, but getting rid of the present TCA, would be a beginning. 

post-221-1224971630_thumb.jpg

A) watch your grammar, sounds like you're talking about yourself

B)Again, reread what you wrote. i'm not obligated to offer you my experience as far as I know. I have 28yrs in the industry, very direct and to the point Where was the smartass in that?  You made assumptions based on your arrogance as usual.perhaps you should draw a line in the sand to show everyone else where and when you feel their opinion matters. is it 1 yr? 5yrs? 45??? be careful you don't want to  alienate too many of the people you seek to jump on your bandwagon. Shakey clearly is not only aboard, he's driving the **** bus for you, some people would love a dedicated sidekick like that.

C)Only following your lead, you're no shining angel on here yourself. I too have been around since CA times. next point?

D) audit? what the #### are you talking about? this is a forum not a regulatory body.

E) your grudge goes back a long way with TCA. I understand that. I have my concerns, but I'm not attacking anyone who doesn't share my views or see's it differently unlike yourself. We all have opinions. You're entitled to yours. If the masses follow you then so be it. If status quo continues, so be it. Yes, I am happy with where things are at for me. I have a great job, making great money, working with great people, and I have no gripes about how anyone is overseeing us. does that apply to everyone, of course not.

If you can't handle criticism, then perhaps your podium shouldn't be on a public forum.