Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Airstart

Not to me personally but aware of details of one.... B 206B fire fighting mission near Penticton August 2002.

Inbound to town, thought to be struck by lightning. Engine "flamed out", Auto relight was armed and successfully relit.

While there was no visual evidence of a strike, pilot and passenger experienced physical effects and were off for short time after. 

Yes, 2 with a FH1100 in super heavy duty snow, twice the engine flamed out and twice the auto-relight got it going again till i could find an open spot for landing

and 1 with a B206 but couldn't find why it flamed out and relighted.  I made sure to arm the auto-relight when one was available after that.

CT

• 4 weeks later...

Most longranger drivers keep their left thumb close to the start button...I have heard of several L's flame out in snow storms when caught in the spring with the scoops taken off that came back to life by hitting the start button.