Pilots leaving the industry

1 hour ago, ramen rider said:

I applied to a dozen positions all over the country this season and got only two responses, and no interviews.

,...but yeah, maybe I should take "this industry sucks" off of my resume? :)

Just curious as you posted about  a job in the US before.  Are you Canadian?  

2 hours ago, Heizenberg said:

This forum is mostly Canadians.  With 700 hours you should be able to find something.  I know several people who had less than 1000 hours this Spring that got hired at various companies. 

For every one who gets the job, there's at least one who didn't,...and I ran out of places to apply.

Maybe next year?

10 minutes ago, ray said:

Keep in mind that not all jobs get posted. Show up at people's door and let them know you're available.

That never worked for me, besides this crappy industry ain't worth that kind of effort anymore!

I'll send out resumes every now and again, but that's all I'm willing to do anymore.  If I get a bite, I get a bite, if I don't, I don't, I don't really care all that much anymore.

The reward just ain't worth the effort,...shoulda gone fixed wing!

10 hours ago, ramen rider said:

That never worked for me, besides this crappy industry ain't worth that kind of effort anymore!

I'll send out resumes every now and again, but that's all I'm willing to do anymore.  If I get a bite, I get a bite, if I don't, I don't, I don't really care all that much anymore.

The reward just ain't worth the effort,...shoulda gone fixed wing!

That's the spirit!