Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wire Srtike

When I woke up this morning my dad mentioned a Helicopter had hit a wire, landed, checked the machine out and left befor hydro got there somewhere in the lower main land, any of you have more info?

My guess is it was a 206 with wire strike kit and he decided it was no big deal, a small grass fire was said to be started

Hope everythings ok with the heli and pilot. Cole :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I woke up this morning my dad mentioned a Helicopter had hit a wire, landed, checked the machine out and left befor hydro got there somewhere in the lower main land, any of you have more info?

My guess is it was a 206 with wire strike kit and he decided it was no big deal, a small grass fire was said to be started

Hope everythings ok with the heli and pilot. Cole :)

Not too much info on the news.

Looked like a 500 KV line on Pit Lake somewhere. Big wire, the fella is lucky to get away with his, or her, life.

What the **** is going on in the lower mainland these days?

Very bad publicity in the last few months eh! :( not that the media has no hand in it, those jerks have no idea what is actually going on, In '03 with the fire in osoyoos, they said we were totally smoked in and running a turism buisness down there it was hurting my poor pockets, my dad went on the news saying that we actually had very clear skies, he also commented on how the media has misled all of our customers, but they edited that out :down: they wont shoot themselves in the foot they will just spin our words into there own. Very misleading people they are, its too bad that this is making the buisness hurt. Bad media, bad

You never here anything about a cameraman screwing up or a a taxi driver being in a car accident

My 2 cents, Cole

i'm presuming that if he/she hit that big a string, the a/c must have had a WSPS.

I would think that even with the wire cutters there would be some damage to the A/C. Top or bottom the wire has to either contact the window, or cross tubes.

Never tried it, but always thought it leave a fair amount of damage... :shock:

It obviously wasn't an "energized" 500KV line or he'd be a "crispy critter" and there would have been a "flash-over". Sounds to me like it was either one of the tower anchor lines or the static line running over top of the 500KV line. If it was, I bet the pilot will cross over Hydro lines at the tower from now on and not in between.