Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Over Capacity

model sn reg from date

Aerospatiale AS 350 B-2 2970 TG-RAJ GUATEMALA 2005-03-16

Aerospatiale AS 350B 1645 JA9340 JAPAN 2005-03-14

Aerospatiale AS 350B 1057 N211TV U.S.A. 2005-03-02

Aerospatiale AS 350B 1913 VH-EEB AUSTRALIA 2005-03-18

Aerospatiale AS 350D 1242 N477FC U.S.A. 2005-02-25

Aerospatiale AS 350 B-2 3908 FRANCE 2005-03-18

from sitehttp://www.tc.gc.ca/aviation/activepages/ccarcs/en/imports_e.asp?x_lang=e

I have read that there is an excess of capacity in Canada that has been keeping charter rates low , if this is so why are there consistently more imports of used helicopters than exports ?. The attrition rate can''t be this high . Above report is for last 30 days

Last entry is a new helicopter .

Spoken like a true and loyal EC employee.  :up:

:D Perhaps 407D....but I would hazard a guess ,

spoken like a true and loyal "brainwashed" EC employee.. :lol:

Now someone tell me what can you recycle out of old fiberglass and composites????? Wait a minute.....we could turn all of those old Astars into pink fiberglass insulation to insulate buildings.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The truth is.... An Astar isn't built for the long haul, I'd hazard a guess that we won't see to many high-time Astars...up in the 30,000's....like we see Bells and Sikorsky's.

I just worked a 212 with 31,000 hrs, (AHB) and it's still a great old aircraft, My last 212 here had 23,000 hrs (ALV), but due to AeroTech's great work and new paint, it looked perfect and was tight as a new 206.

I think Edwards and Associates has a 206 at 29,000 hrs. They bring it to HAI to showcase their products/completions. It looks new !

I've flown 206's at the corporation in the 17,000's and 18,000's and they tend to hold up to the hours quite well....of course, the only original part may well be the "data plate" :blink::D

The truth is.... An Astar isn't built for the long haul, I'd hazard a guess that we won't see to many high-time Astars...up in the 30,000's....like we see Bells and Sikorsky's.

With all due respect 407D, that's a load of crap!!!!!

The only reason we don't see many Astars with 20000 +hrs is because Bell's and Sikosrkies were active in North America for 20 years before Astars finally caught on! Astars haven't had the history to accumulate those kinds of hours yet.

How many Astars have you seen with 20000 hours or more? Not many right? So how do you know they can't last if you haven't seen a real old one?

Besides, by that rationale, I've seen late model Jetrangers with 3000 hrs that were pieces of crap and others with serial numbers below 100 and they were in fantastic shape! One of those was C-FJAD and it had over 20000 hrs.

The only thing that dictates how long a helicopter lives is the quality of the maintance it receives, not the brand name on the data plate.

Also, it's not like there are hundreds of Jetrangers and 212's/205's with 20k's or more. There are some but they're not a dime a dozen!

No offence of course! You knew I wouldn't let that one slide! B)