Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Drivers New Engine

Hey 407 Driver,

See they have announced a new engine for your ride that leaves your present one with a 35% power loss on a standard day, 40% on a hot day, and a 50% higher maintenance cost. :shock:

How can they afford to keep you around with numbers like that? :lol:

I haven't talked to the Big Boys yet, but I would imagine (as the largest Canadian 407 Operator) that we may have some dealings with the new engine in the future.

I'm not convinced that a change is required, as the C47 has done me no wrong, plus the performance charts can be realized with a MGT (TOT) limited engine.

I Never heard a B2 pilot complain about always been Ng limited in a hot and high situation, (they are). A B2 will still do everything the charts say with the Ng limit.

The C-47's we are getting OH'd now are actually well above spec, over 20C to the good.

Time will tell what happens.