Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ground Crew Controversies

So true Doug!

Hence while at my old employers (both of them) who had flight schools they got rid of the weak and lazy very early on in their training (with explantion). They were not their to thief them, yes profit was important but as I stated above ..... they had morals!

At athis poing, i had just thrown’ndt  up multiple time and just can’t take some more...    And pease , Snaky can you just shut it up get yourself well served by your toy boy.. At least someone will  really whant’s to get some stick time with you. !!!what a f..ink moron you are !!!    Still on those insulin shots ?   ... 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, HeliRico said:

At athis poing, i had just thrown’ndt  up multiple time and just can’t take some more...    And pease , Snaky can you just shut it up get yourself well served by your toy boy.. At least someone will  really whant’s to get some stick time with you. !!!what a f..ink moron you are !!!    Still on those insulin shots ?   ... 

It's amazing you never thrived in this industry. I have disagreed with many people on here but still respect their opinion but you don't fall in to that category. Put the bottle down bud it's not one of your redeeming qualities.

• Haha 1

RDM1 - I am actually right now on the very intense researching phase for training schools across Canada. I would like to know which flight schools/companies are legit and have that moral integrity with their low-timers or graduates. 

Could you please tell me the names of those schools/old employers of yours. At least I'll know which ones are a better bet to get trained at and perhaps hired for.  

But of course if you prefer not to disclose that information,  then I'll respect that))

21 hours ago, Phil Croucher said:

I.B. - just call me Phil :)

In reply to Ramen's post mentioning lazy pilots, I found this on the web from a fed up Chief Pilot:

“here are some of the lacking qualifications from 100 hour wonders we have seen in the last 3 seasons that led to their dismissal”:

• Lack of ability to do basic math WITH a calculator - 2+2 =5 really?
  • Unable to show up on time or on the right day.
  • After hounding me for a couple months for a job and 2 days of exams, quit to go to work on a ski hill after 3 days of work.
  • Ran out of gas in the company truck 200 kms short of their destination.
  • “Dude I sold my car and bought a dirt bike but now I have to ride the greyhound so give me lots of notice for work man!!!”
  • "I really don't care if I work because my gramma paid for my license".
  • "See you at the hotel" as the engineer and captain continue to service the aircraft for another 4 hours.
  • Won't remove their sunglasses even at night.
  • Using the phrase “I'm a pilot, I don't have to do that.” more than 3 times daily.
  • “I'm not staying in that hotel” (even though the captain and engineer are quite happy).

In the last 3 years we have interviewed and/or hired and fired 14 100 hour pilots. Maybe the problem is not the amount of Canadian low timers but the quality. We now have a good CANADIAN low timer that we are in the process of beginning training and have trained 6 in the history of the company. I'm not surprised at the raising of minimum hours as there are some numbskulls out there.”

Phil - It's actually relieving to hear that he 'hired' and 'fired' 14 low-timers . This indicates he doesn't waste people's time.  I would much rather be fired,  than kept on with the carrot.  

Which company is this?

12 hours ago, shakey said:

It's amazing you never thrived in this industry. I have disagreed with many people on here but still respect their opinion but you don't fall in to that category. Put the bottle down bud it's not one of your redeeming qualities.

Seriously, how does someone think it's ok to spew garbage like that in this day and age...

Trolls.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2