Sign in to follow this  
TheReaper

What is going on at delta helicopters?

There are trolls our $hit disturbers on every forum. This topic should have never made it past page 1. My advise is don't engage. Not sure why the moderators don't look these sites when the name calling starts.

I must admit this site has gone down hill. a 407 crashed outside Norman wells last year not a word on here even though it was in the news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, just looking said:

Sorry the last sentence should have read a 407 crashed outside of Norman wells last week and not a word on here even though it was in the news.

So what would you want to see in the forums? Speculation,hearsay,gossip? You are advocating the same things you pretend to despise in previous comments. 

12 hours ago, cuban said:

So what would you want to see in the forums? Speculation,hearsay,gossip? You are advocating the same things you pretend to despise in previous comments. 

Not sure were you get Speculation, hearsay , gossip. I posted the article under another forum name.

9 hours ago, just looking said:

Not sure were you get Speculation, hearsay , gossip. I posted the article under another forum name.

So when I stated I saw two astars being driven through High Level where is the speculation there? Oh wait 412driver implied it was hearsay because I had only posted 1 comment previously and am a new poster so as he stated I don’t have as much credibility. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Theolddays said:

So when I stated I saw two astars being driven through High Level where is the speculation there? Oh wait 412driver implied it was hearsay because I had only posted 1 comment previously and am a new poster so as he stated I don’t have as much credibility. 

You don't! That's kind of the point. Why else would there be a post count and reputation ticker beside everyone's username.

Anyone can start a user profile and stir up as much shenanigans as they want, and a fresh profile is often a telltale sign of a troll (if their very first post is being controversial). I'm not saying you didn't see what you saw, I'm just saying no one here has any particular reasons to believe a thing you say (or anything any of us say for that matter). There are precious few around here who are confident enough to attach their real identity to their posts and stand by them, for better or for worse. I don't necessarily think that's the smartest move either, but I sure as **** will lend more sincerity to a comment of theirs than one like yours.

38 minutes ago, Bif said:

You don't! That's kind of the point. Why else would there be a post count and reputation ticker beside everyone's username.

Anyone can start a user profile and stir up as much shenanigans as they want, and a fresh profile is often a telltale sign of a troll (if their very first post is being controversial). I'm not saying you didn't see what you saw, I'm just saying no one here has any particular reasons to believe a thing you say (or anything any of us say for that matter). There are precious few around here who are confident enough to attach their real identity to their posts and stand by them, for better or for worse. I don't necessarily think that's the smartest move either, but I sure as **** will lend more sincerity to a comment of theirs than one like yours.

That’s a big comment for someone who posts anonymously

17 minutes ago, Theolddays said:

That’s a big comment for someone who posts anonymously

Not really sure why I'm engaging with you, but what the hey.

I post "anonymously" because I have no reason not to. I've been contributing to this board since I was a 100 hr ground crew. If I see a topic I can contribute to, then I do. I don't particularly care if any one person agrees, disagrees, believes, or doesn't believe anything I care to post. I feel that anyone who has been on here enough to recognize my user name can value (or not) my comments based on whatever opinion they've formed of my character over the course of our interactions.

I also endeavour to be diplomatic (usually). Polite (as often as I can). In other words, I try to act professional. Because I know that I've been open enough on here that a motivated person could figure out who I am, and indeed people who know me outside the forum have figured out who I am on here easily enough. But so what? I'm not feeding rumour mills, or slandering other users / companies. I don't think I've ever made any grand claims that I nee to stake my name or my words to. I try not to make enemies or burn bridges, this industry is small enough as it is. If someone, like yourself for example, were to take it upon themselves to hold a grudge for something I said here, I wouldn't put it past that type of person to also take pains to mess with my professional or personal life outside this forum.

Compared to yourself who, after only 6 posts are already trying to start fights with more than one "long-term" commenter.

So. Maybe you just got off on the wrong foot? Though I suspect strongly you might be an existing, or old member who created an alternate account in order to create drama for fun. Again, I don't really care, nor do I care if you care.

Personally, here's how I would have worded you post were the shoe on the other foot:

"I'm up in High Level and have recently seen 2 of their Astars being trucked out of town. I also heard that several people were laid off?"

Do you see the difference? The second you editorialized you comment to throw shade at the company, you invited argument, and then act surprised when someone called you out? You do realize that some people actually go on the internet and tell lies, yeah? You could have just as easily said "I don't know what you guys are talking about, those guys just leased 3 AStars, and I heard they upped everybody's flight pay". 

Completely opposite statement, same level of bull.

Again: no one has any reason to give you any credibility. You don't have any reason to give ME credibility. I don't care one way or the other. Welcome to the internet. Goodnight!

Aaaaaaaand just to prove my point.

Hey guys, I heard that Theolddays is actually Igor Sikorsky's reincarnated ghost back to haunt us all for all of our over torques and over temps!

Wooooo-ooooo spooky! I know this is my very first post but you must give me 100% credibility! 

(I must really be over tired. I'm sorry Theolddays, I swear I'm not trying to start a whole big thing with you. I just thought it was odd you got so up in arms. I hope if you continue to to post on here, we'll share some decent chats. Cheers!)