Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Thoughts on Hrs to come back to Canada with....?

Hi there,

I left Canada awhile back to get myself into the flying industry, as it seemed there was a faster way into the industry overseas... Anyway, I found the start and have been flying for a while now, and looking to come back to Canada.

Just after some thoughts on what people think is a good amount of time in the book to come back with... Currently doing Scenic/Charter. Also, I'm not trying to land my self the lifetime gig or anything like that. but I would rather stay where I am for another 6 months say, if it will make the job prospects that much better on the return you know.

Thanks

Most every add is the same in Canada...do you know or have you ever longlined a drill on a 100/150 ft line in the mountains...if so you are our man! I have slung pretty much everything you could imagine on short line or longline .Last one of memorable mention was a small building under a 407 on a 100 ft line which I stuck between another building with solar panels on the roof and a tower right next to it.I had slung all that other crap in years before.This was on the side of a 2500 ft hill in Maine.Now I sit at home wondering if I will ever work again just because the industry is on a down hill slide .So if you are coming back to Canada with stars in your eyes you better have more than a couple of thousand hrs.I won't say how many I have but be assured I have lots. I am sure I am not alone!

26 minutes ago, DGP said:

Most every add is the same in Canada...do you know or have you ever longlined a drill on a 100/150 ft line in the mountains...if so you are our man! I have slung pretty much everything you could imagine on short line or longline .Last one of memorable mention was a small building under a 407 on a 100 ft line which I stuck between another building with solar panels on the roof and a tower right next to it.I had slung all that other crap in years before.This was on the side of a 2500 ft hill in Maine.Now I sit at home wondering if I will ever work again just because the industry is on a down hill slide .So if you are coming back to Canada with stars in your eyes you better have more than a couple of thousand hrs.I won't say how many I have but be assured I have lots. I am sure I am not alone!

Heard of more than one company that had aircraft parked because they couldn't fill seats this season out West.