Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Thoughts on Hrs to come back to Canada with....?

5 hours ago, Bee3 said:

I hope you didn't take a seat from a low time pilot in their Country of origin....😂

well, only one from someone who thought they shouldn't have to sweep hangers and wash machines; as well as fly... When I got my job I was fresh out of training just like everyone else; I got the gig because I was willing to work harder than the next guy. 

• Haha 1

There is an add being run by a company in BC right now looking for a base pilot...check it out. That is what you are up against. I am not interested in a base job but I can say that I have most of what they want and it is basically what you will need. 3000 hrs minimum....got that covered a long time ago.....good luck in your career.

DSC_0508.JPG

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 11:38 PM, Diaper_Pin said:

There is also a very good reason why some of these companies can’t fill seats.

that being said, you have to start somewhere. However, 3000 hrs of flying tourists around, isn’t  going to help you much. if you dropping into 100’ holes that are 150’ deep.

just my $0.02

You don’t need to be a pessimistic bully.....More than likely you had less than 3000 hours when you started working in the bush.     3000 hours of any time is more than enough of a foundation to work in the bush.  Many companies will hire you.

diaper pin, do you have anything positive to say to the guy?    Your helmet must be huge.     Look back at your posts and notice how many times you start a sentence with the letter “I”

just say’in.....

There are many clients that have minimum hour requirements for simple stuff that a 100 hr guy could do which a prospective employee with 3000 hrs of tours could be easily placed in.  Then if the employer was interested in developing him/her and broadening their skill set then they will have an asset who (if treated properly; they are human beings after all!) will stick around and make the companies customers happy. Win/win for everyone!  Too bad that the 100 hr pilot couldn’t do it (eg; lease site servicing etc) but it is what it is...

there is so much complaining about lack of qualified staff by companies and forum members but it seems little effort to bring people in (or up) from within.  I think companies have to take some ownership of the experience crunch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the industry as a whole is responsible for giving low time pilots a chance to increase their hours as an aid to the industry. Did any company hire low time pilots as co-jo's in medium helicopters, where a couple hundred pounds wouldn't make any difference. Low timers would gain experience from an experienced pilot and maybe some stick time. I am basically referring to the "Fire Season"

I made this comment a couple years back and as far as I know or hear of anybody (company) doing same.

If, as usual, the industry doesn't get its act together, there will be fewer pilots and more machines sitting around. Poor Owners Club.

Why would anybody become a helicopter pilot these days, when fixed wing is offering much more in training availability, lifestyle and advancement.    

• Like 1